• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, chrisco37 said:

Good luck.  I’m still not sure I’ll end up completing it without “settling” for the GRR #1.  I’m getting priced out on a first print 1.  Only way I could do it at the moment would be to sell my AF15 to pay for the ASM1.  And I’m not doing that.

My run is #2 up to the end of Vol 1 which is #441. I have the Marvel Milestone and the facsimile edition of AF 15 and the GRR of ASM 1. Those will have to do me probably forever.

BB1669FE-755D-4A7C-87AB-F8DAD0F82521.thumb.jpeg.3b02b5349a524edf707bb60d79a7da11.jpeg

Whatever the length of the ASM run (and whether that includes AF15 or not), I would suggest ASM Annual #1 like the folks above, but also Spidey's first cross-over in Strange Tales Annual #2 (yes, the chubby Spidey cover!  A must-have).  That way you cover Spidey's key early appearances.  

Edited by Pantodude

I have a real beater copy of annual 3 myself. That is my earliest annual. Would folks also count marvel superheroes issue that was spidey. As isn't that also one of the earliest crossover/appearances out side of asm.

Edited by Webhead2018

On 10/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, alexgross.com said:

just got this one from comiclink yesterday. it completes my collection of all sinister six villains first appearances with white pages. still need more books to complete a full ditko run but well on my way. 

asm13-7.0WP-front.jpg

Wow, that's a beauty and with WHITE pages!!!!  :cloud9:

On 10/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, alexgross.com said:

just got this one from comiclink yesterday. it completes my collection of all sinister six villains first appearances with white pages. still need more books to complete a full ditko run but well on my way. 

asm13-7.0WP-front.jpg

That’s about as nice a copy of this book as you’ll find, congrats again :applause:

Not to hijack the thread, but ASM#1 continues to set all-time highs as a slab, but now even as a raw.  A fellow boardie reported (with a picture of the result and of the raw book in the "Marvel UK Price Variants" thread) that an auction house across the pond sold a raw ASM#1 (a pence copy, roughly 3.0 - 3.5 grade?) for $10,000 pounds sterling plus 25% commission, which means over $17K.  

That is well above the $13.5K mark set on Oct. 9 per GPA for a 3.5 (cents version) and also above the all-time GPA high of $16,800 for a 3.5 set on Aug. 15 for an ASM#1.   This means that while some keys flattened or even regressed a bit since the all-time highs set in the Spring of this year, ASM#1 not only peaked in August, but now peaked again today via a raw no less.   The AF15 effect, no doubt.  

Edited by Pantodude