• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2023 at 10:44 PM, wiparker824 said:

I am done. I did it. Every issue of ASM from 1-925 and every annual is now in my collection.

This is the final book I needed I won off ComicConnect tonight.

IMG_1756.jpeg

Incredible collecting feat and a big congratulations to you!   How long did it take you and do you plan on going after AF #15 as well or already have one?  Not that it's required to have the ASM run just curious. WTG!

Edited by Beardown

On 8/23/2023 at 3:48 AM, Beardown said:

Incredible collecting feat and a big congratulations to you!   How long did it take you and do you plan on going after AF #15 as well or already have one?  Not that it's required to have the ASM run just curious. WTG!

Thanks. I’d love to have an AF 15 but it’s currently behind a Hulk 1 on the priority list for next big book. And I usually fund the big books by selling off books from copper/modern I paid cover price for that have blown up in value. So it takes me awhile. One day though I hope.  It took me about 15 years collecting to get the ASM completion.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:52 PM, web_spinner said:

I picked up this ASM #9 @ Fanexpo Toronto and this completes my run from #1-present (#927) + annuals.  I'm not a variant completist, I just pick up one I like.  

This has been an ongoing goal of mine since starting back in 1994. 

No AF#15 unfortunately,  Missed the boat on that one but luckily picked up #1 several years ago before it spiked.  

I also have complete runs of Spectacular,  MTU, Web of, and virtually all the other satellite titles. 

20230829_225758.jpg

Congratulations on a monumental achievement! I'd rather have a full run of silver Spideys than an AF 15 any day!

:applause: