• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,453 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2023 at 7:11 AM, gunsmokin said:

yeah! Actually submitted them together. Even the cgc numbers are sequential.

Cool. I didn't even notice that.

I wonder what the odds would be if you submitted two books and got exactly the same grade and exactly the same page quality. Unless you're an expert grader, I would think the odds would be astronomical.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 12/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, MattTheDuck said:

The genius of how these stories worked themselves out.  Spidey really had to use the ol' noodle rather than just punching his way out of his problems.

I think that was the mass appeal of Spidey early on to his readers.  A nerdy, geeky, homely student who could think his way through and vanquish his powerful adversaries.  Although he did pack a powerful wallop too

I'm not a Spidey collector, but these books fell into my lap for literally nothing. A relative is moving into a place with items left behind by the previous homeowner. She did not want them. I always read stories where someone stumbles onto forgotten comics in a basement (these were in a plastic storage tub in the attic), but the fact that I experienced it firsthand was pretty surreal.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by LadyDeath

On 1/17/2024 at 2:32 PM, LadyDeath said:

I'm not a Spidey collector, but these books fell into my lap for literally nothing. A relative is moving into a place with items left behind by the previous homeowner. She did not want them. I always read stories where someone stumbles onto forgotten comics in a basement (these were in a plastic storage tub in the attic), but the fact that I experienced it firsthand was pretty surreal.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

"I never thought something like this could happen to me...."

I wonder if they were part of a larger collection that just were overlooked.  That's a lot of great books!

On 1/17/2024 at 7:59 PM, MattTheDuck said:

"I never thought something like this could happen to me...."

I wonder if they were part of a larger collection that just were overlooked.  That's a lot of great books!

Exactly my thoughts!

There were more comics in the storage tub, but not much caught my eye. I saw a Spider-Man 2099 #1 and some Green Lanterns. Mostly newer books.

I couldn't take much at the time. I'm going back to get a chair so I'll probably sift through them again and grab the ones I left.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:32 PM, LadyDeath said:

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

damn!

On 5/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, Jordysnordy said:

1 of a handful of Peds that I own

ASM 38 92 CGC.jpg

Ditto was on to  something with that guy named Joe

probably had a guy named Jasper lined up for a future appearance ‼️👍😁