• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Got this baby from jscomics last week... kinda funny, I entered my final bid of $65 when the price was around $30, and got it for $64... never thought I'd get that close! He says it's VF/NM 9.0... what do you think?

spidey70.jpg

It's probably a 8.5.

Every book I buy from them is one notch overgraded. lol

Should I post, before the book arrives in the mail? Oh what the heck...

:banana: :banana::banana: :banana::banana: :banana::banana: :banana:

ASM6Front.jpg

That is one damn happy gang of bananas, John!

Nice book... Many congrats on the pickup! :applause:

Wait till you see the number of bananas when I get a No. 1! :cloud9:

OMIGOD!!! If I wasn't already married to my wife, and I would marry her!!!

I had a surprise waiting for me at my LCS- the one I'm most often buying book at, and where Aces got his copy of ASM 6. Well, she asked me if I'd like to stop by the store on our way home from church since it's on the way. I always love stopping by there, so heck ya! I should have known something was up since SHE suggested it. I arrive to find I have a package waiting for me there- it's my buy pile...and more.

While we were gone, she called ahead to pay for my entire buy pile since she heard they were going to be having a 50% back issue sale while we were on vacation. Included in my buy pile was a book I thought someone else had already purchased- ASM 3!!! It seems she had asked them to set that aside but not to let me know who bought it. Well Aces, NOW we know who bought the ASM 3 from a month ago.

So, needless to say, I'll be sharing scans of these later on. But, for $140 she got me copies of the following: ASM 97 (5.0), 90 (5.0), 14 (1.8-2.0), 11 (2.0-1.8), and 3 (1.8-2.0)!!! I hope you'll excuse me while I...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by Mac Man

I had a surprise waiting for me at my LCS- the one I'm most often buying book at, and where Aces got his copy of ASM 6. Well, she asked me if I'd like to stop by the store on our way home from church since it's on the way. I always love stopping by there, so heck ya! I should have known something was up since SHE suggested it. I arrive to find I have a package waiting for me there- it's my buy pile...and more.

While we were gone, she called ahead to pay for my entire buy pile since she heard they were going to be having a 50% back issue sale while we were on vacation. Included in my buy pile was a book I thought someone else had already purchased- ASM 3!!! It seems she had asked them to set that aside but not to let me know who bought it. Well Aces, NOW we know who bought the ASM 3 from a month ago.

So, needless to say, I'll be sharing scans of these later on. But, for $140 she got me copies of the following: ASM 97 (5.0), 90 (5.0), 14 (1.8-2.0), 11 (2.0-1.8), and 3 (1.8-2.0)!!! I hope you'll excuse me while I...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Your wife buys you comics!? :o

Lucky guy! (worship)

Make sure you don't post her pic here or somebody will try to steal your true grail! :baiting:

lol Cool, huh? I'm still in a minor state of shock over this one- and it wasn't even a special occasion! And no problem about the pic- only ones I post here are of my collection.

And speaking of which, this now puts me more than halfway to my goal of getting 1-100 (53 down, 47 to go!).

lol Cool, huh? I'm still in a minor state of shock over this one- and it wasn't even a special occasion! And no problem about the pic- only ones I post here are of my collection.

And speaking of which, this now puts me more than halfway to my goal of getting 1-100 (53 down, 47 to go!).

Many Congrats on The Spideys. I set my goal 2 months ago. It consisted of 23 Silver Age Marvels in Mid/Low Grade Condition.

I have bought 13 and am still looking for 10.

This came from a guy who picked it up at a garage sale from the original owner. It also came with an FF 13 from the same month/year which has an ad for Spidey #1 and TOS 39 within.

a1.jpg

a1a.jpg

:applause: Many congrats.

Mac Man, you're starting to make me feel like a high grade collector! doh!

Hey now ;) My BA and Copper are all mid-to-high grade comics. It's just those SA ASMs and UXM are slightly expensive in higher grades, so LG is a natural choice ;)

And I have a few nice middies for my ASMs and UXMs.... just not many. But I'm glad my collection can make you feel good-- always my goal lol