• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Nice pick up (one day down the road I need to get those Annuals).

There's an ASM #4 (6.0, I think) that was posted on ComicLink yesterday with what I thought to be some curious grader comments on an old CGC label--"Pre-Marvel chipping. 1 chip missing."

It seems I've seen not a few #1s where sellers will tout the lack of Marvel chipping. Is it so precise, chronologically speaking, to where there is a specific month when it began occurring? Also, it seems funny to me that the lack of chipping is noted and then followed up with "1 chip missing"--was this the beginning of the chipping era? But what about all those #1s with chipping? More questions than answers for yours truly this early morning. Any thoughts, anyone?

Spidercrazy, low grades rock! No need to feel ashamed of the in this thread! :grin:

-Mac "Mr. Low grade Himself" Man

I'm amazed (pun intended) at how many ASM completionists are out there!

:cloud9:

I guess it's as simple as: it's a fun title to collect that many of us grew up on, starring one of the most beloved superheroes. Plus, the internet has made the early issues that much more attainable. No way I could have finished my Ditko run without ebay, not to mention some of the great members & dealers right here on the boards.

I guess it's as simple as: it's a fun title to collect that many of us grew up on, starring one of the most beloved superheroes. Plus, the internet has made the early issues that much more attainable. No way I could have finished my Ditko run without ebay, not to mention some of the great members & dealers right here on the boards.

Well said!

I agree with all you state, though some of us had a great time completing our runs pre-ebay. It is definitely a lot easier today (especially if you have cash). I just remember as a kid waiting with anticipation for those mail order packages to arrive to see what goodies (and in what condition) would arrive.

This is a great thread I love reading and wish I were adding more to it.

Thanks to all the contributers. :headbang:

Yes spidey is cool because all number are avalaible on the internet many time each years... i collect also GA batman graded in cgc low grade and it is more hard than spidey low grade... not many copy still avalaible on the market....

I agree with all you state, though some of us had a great time completing our runs pre-ebay. It is definitely a lot easier today (especially if you have cash). I just remember as a kid waiting with anticipation for those mail order packages to arrive to see what goodies (and in what condition) would arrive.

This is a great thread I love reading and wish I were adding more to it.

Thanks to all the contributers. :headbang:

I too have enjoyed perusing this thread and finding out about others' collections and pursuits. My beloved wife, not too long ago, remarked that my return to collecting was nothing more than a "ridiculous childhood obsession." However, she has been more than forgiven: she bought me an ASM #5 (CGC 3.5) for Christmas (she even won an ebay auction for the thing, and shelled out $222, which I think was a good deal). She's ready for me to sell my collection so we can get into a house--geez louise, just when I'm really getting going...

Well said!

Spidey is always a good seller and a good buy. Case in point.

Board Spidey Sale