• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Steve's rendition of Spider-Man, and his art in general. It's just this particular picture of Doom that never really worked for me. But then again, look at Kirby's work on Spider-Man... just doesn't quite cut it when compared to Ditko. Each OWNED their characters and everyone else just falls in line behind them.

Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Steve's rendition of Spider-Man, and his art in general. It's just this particular picture of Doom that never really worked for me. But then again, look at Kirby's work on Spider-Man... just doesn't quite cut it when compared to Ditko. Each OWNED their characters and everyone else just falls in line behind them.

while stan rocked at both. 'nuff said.

Last night's comiclink auction wins!

For $180 I thought this was a very nice looking 3.0 with good PQ and QP. Doc Doom (thumbs u

asm5cgc30oww.jpg

I also grabbed this for $47. I'll probably crack this one out and have it as a good looking addition to my SA Spidey reading set. Again, decent PQ and below GPA = a bargain in my book:

asm36cgc60oww.jpg

Very nice pick-ups! :headbang:

Well, I guess as long as everyone is showing off their AF 15, it's time for me to show off mine:

48066-af15sm.jpg

I know what you're all wondering, and the answer is yes! Unrestored...blue label. (thumbs u

Well, I guess as long as everyone is showing off their AF 15, it's time for me to show off mine:

48066-af15sm.jpg

I know what you're all wondering, and the answer is yes! Unrestored...blue label. (thumbs u

lol My copy is from the Spider-man DVD set.... :tonofbricks:

48066-af15sm.jpg

wow that presents extremely well. What grade did it get :insane:

CountAF15.jpg

ASM 1 next :grin:

af15.jpg

Awesome book,the only one I'm missing............and the way prices are lately,I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one.I have 0 restored books in my Spidey collection,but this is the one I would consider buying,especially a book like that.......Gratz (thumbs u

Thanks a million to James (Comicgrinder) for getting this signed by Stan Lee for me this afternoon. I can't wait to see it next week when it arrives!!!

IncredibleHulk036.jpg

I'd love to have Mr. Lee sign one of mine, but living in Georgia has its drawbacks. :frown: But congrats on landing a rather priceless signature in the comic world--and on an ASM key no less! :applause: