• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,605 posts in this topic

thanks piper, I may very well go, doesn't look like any big dealers but I may very well find some nice comics to pick up.

True enough...it's not SD or NYC.

This arrived as promised as part of a trade deal....

Now my ASM 1-297 is complete again (sold some McFarlands recently)

Any grade opinions....? :lol:

4.5/5.0

depends on how strong that staining is

This arrived as promised as part of a trade deal....

Now my ASM 1-297 is complete again (sold some McFarlands recently)

Any grade opinions....? :lol:

4.5/5.0

depends on how strong that staining is

Agreed. I'm thinking 4.5 to 5.0.

Nice centering on those puppies! (thumbs u (And no tanning, which can be a problem with those two covers.)

Thanks point five. Do you have a favorite LCS in NYC? Was there in September, great city.

P5's favourite store is Metropolis... :baiting:lol

NYC is a great city!

My latest, and most likely last comic i buy (got the original art bug really bad).

001-1.jpg

Nice pick-up! ASM 13 is one of my favourites.

Nice centering on those puppies! (thumbs u (And no tanning, which can be a problem with those two covers.)

Thanks point five. Do you have a favorite LCS in NYC? Was there in September, great city.

P5's favourite store is Metropolis... :baiting:lol

NYC is a great city!

:hi:

Sadly, the majority of the better stores here have closed in the last 5-10 years. Rents are just too high.

Metro is definitely the best for GA/SA selection, not much question.

Roger's Time Machine on West 14th St is a fun place to browse old back issues. Not a comprehensive stock, and tends towards the low-grade, but worth a look.

Jim Hanley's Universe on West 33rd St (across from Empire State Building) is the best store for new issues & TPBs, and the best all-around store to browse IMO.

Heck, it is a pretty great city. :headbang:

No kidding! Almost every copy of 47 I see how some amount of tanning on the cover. What gives? Wonderful Kraven cover though. I was on cloud 9 when I got my copy (cause he's such as badass baddie).

ASM 13... Ahhh... :cloud9: The last key of the entire ASM 1-300 run that I've yet to acquire. Can't wait til June! ;)

No kidding! Almost every copy of 47 I see how some amount of tanning on the cover. What gives? Wonderful Kraven cover though. I was on cloud 9 when I got my copy (cause he's such as badass baddie).

ASM 13... Ahhh... :cloud9: The last key of the entire ASM 1-300 run that I've yet to acquire. Can't wait til June! ;)

I better start looking for a copy.... :tonofbricks:

I found ASM #13 to be one of the tougher holes to fill in my early ASM collection.

Consider:

--It's ridiculously overpriced in the guide, especially compared to surrounding keys. (1st appearance of Mysterio? Are there Mysterio completists out there?)

--The white cover makes it easily susceptible to tanning and dirtiness.

--Despite the white cover, the artwork on the spine is black, and looks awful when there is heavy cracking/color loss, which is often the case with lower-grade copies.

A pain to find the right lower-grade copy at the right price. But I'm sure you will, it just takes patience.