• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

My most recent Spidey pickups

ASM6Kunklefrontcover.jpg

ASM9Kunkle.jpg

ASMAnnual1.jpg

:headbang:

WOW...superior copies! What's the 9 grade out? :headbang:

I think I will post them on the "Spare me a grade" for fun before I send them to CGC. I need to scan the back covers first. I am most impressed with the Annual 1 because the spine is so clean and square. It is free of the defects and wrinkling that you commonly see.

i am only 3 books away from a complete ASM vol 1. issue 3,6,20. i also have all the annuals and king&giant size. I collected the major of them back in the 80's to 93 then got out. got back into collecting in 2006 and finished up the later issues upto 441. i have yet to cgc any of my collection as im in the process of rebaging and boarding right now. i have to many fav covers to remember.

cookie

Enjoy yourself! About a decade ago, I sold off a portion of my collection to put a down payment on my first house. As I priced the comics, I often had to stop and savor all the old covers and stories.

Don't rush those treasures off to CGC too fast; take some time to bask in their glory!

I normally stick to mid/low grade raw ASM, but made a bit of an impulse purchase in a recent comiclink auction!

asm50cgc96wtop.jpg

Of course the (tragic) trimming is hard to get past, but it's still an absolute stunner :cool: The real tragedy is that this book must have been just gorgeous before it was attacked with razor blades or whatever. The trim job must be microscopic as I can't discern the difference. I've compared it with other SA ASMs, and compared the extent of artwork on other #50s, and really can't tell.

If only the owner had left well enough alone! :(

Anyway, thought it deserved a quick showing off in this thread. I've decided to downgrade to something more my speed - a nice raw VG for example - but in the meantime I'm going to take lots of photos of this 'flawed diamond'.

asm50cgc96wa.jpg

I normally stick to mid/low grade raw ASM, but made a bit of an impulse purchase in a recent comiclink auction!

asm50cgc96wtop.jpg

Of course the (tragic) trimming is hard to get past, but it's still an absolute stunner :cool: The real tragedy is that this book must have been just gorgeous before it was attacked with razor blades or whatever. The trim job must be microscopic as I can't discern the difference. I've compared it with other SA ASMs, and compared the extent of artwork on other #50s, and really can't tell.

If only the owner had left well enough alone! :(

Anyway, thought it deserved a quick showing off in this thread. I've decided to downgrade to something more my speed - a nice raw VG for example - but in the meantime I'm going to take lots of photos of this 'flawed diamond'.

asm50cgc96wa.jpg

Where are de pictures, man?

(shrug)

Crack that baby out and forget the resto.

As long as you dont sell it like that :gossip:

lol

Yes, the thought occurred to me. The cracking not the selling! I wonder what PGX would make of it hm But no, seriously, I would never do something like that. A reputation is easily ruined, and I expect to be around comic collecting for many years :)

It would certainly look dazzling in a nice mylar with no purple label drawing the eyes though.