• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

I've done this a few times now. Buy a comic that's a bit out of my collecting league, enjoy it for a few weeks, and then sell it on. It's not flipping since I always make a loss on the deal lol

My ultra-low-grade mega keys however shall have to be pried from my cold dead fingers as they say.

Still working on ASM 1-100 in raw, sensible grades :)

I've done this a few times now. Buy a comic that's a bit out of my collecting league, enjoy it for a few weeks, and then sell it on. It's not flipping since I always make a loss on the deal lol

My ultra-low-grade mega keys however shall have to be pried from my cold dead fingers as they say.

:hi:

You sticking with this name, mate?

(thumbs u I found a balance. By using 1's instead of L's in the name I can still search for mentions of Hellblazer without being swamped by my own posts. CopperComics is fine for my ebay store, but it's a bit generic for a forum ID.

He11blazer, who has a bit of an identity crisis*

*And now I'm sounding like Cal!

(thumbs u I found a balance. By using 1's instead of L's in the name I can still search for mentions of Hellblazer without being swamped by my own posts. CopperComics is fine for my ebay store, but it's a bit generic for a forum ID.

He11blazer, who has a bit of an identity crisis*

*And now I'm sounding like Cal!

Nice one. (thumbs u I think it's got a bit more character than Copper Comics.

im trying to get hold of a reasonable grade affordable ASM #69, to go next to my #70. i plan to just find mini-runs and key issues and enjoyable, good looking covers
Sounds good to me. Harry, welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

Welcome to the club... er, Boards Jberg! :hi:

I started my ASM collection by doing it the same way, but be warned: those mini runs turn into a disease I affectionately refer to as run collecting. This is a great title to collect, and personally, this is probably one of the cooler threads in the forum--very relaxed friendly bunch (i.e. not too much drama on this side of the boards ;) ).

And beware the Sales area--you'll generally find TONS of Spideys for sale at great prices. Brutal on the wallet :)

im trying to get hold of a reasonable grade affordable ASM #69, to go next to my #70. i plan to just find mini-runs and key issues and enjoyable, good looking covers

Welcome to the club... er, Boards Jberg! :hi:

I started my ASM collection by doing it the same way, but be warned: those mini runs turn into a disease I affectionately refer to as run collecting. This is a great title to collect, and personally, this is probably one of the cooler threads in the forum--very relaxed friendly bunch (i.e. not too much drama on this side of the boards ;) ).

And beware the Sales area--you'll generally find TONS of Spideys for sale at great prices. Brutal on the wallet :)

Who knows how much money in the bank I would have, if I hadn't found that darn marketplace....

That's great, Tom!

And they're black covers too. That #63 is a toughie in HG but I'm sure you know that. Very nice! :applause:

Courtesy of KorvacSaga who was kind enough to let me cherry-pick these from his ASM 51-100 prior to his Board sale... (worship)

very much appreciated...they will be well-loved and cared for... :cloud9:

Edited by trmoore54

That's great, Tom!

And they're black covers too. That #63 is a toughie in HG but I'm sure you know that. Very nice! :applause:

Courtesy of KorvacSaga who was kind enough to let me cherry-pick these from his ASM 51-100 prior to his Board sale... (worship)

very much appreciated...they will be well-loved and cared for... :cloud9:

So your the one that was buying up all of the books I was looking for. :mad:

J/K- I know there in good hands.I really wanted that #58 very tough to find///nice pick up.

Atleast I got my #94 :banana:

ASM94.jpg

awesome books! GUYS!! (worship)

I will be in this collecting club once I finish my ASM 100-330 RUN.

I just sold the few the issues I owned from ASM 1-99 run (except my ASM #14 :cloud9:) and put that money into the run above.

So once that is finished I will be joining u guys in the hunt!

John