• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

:whatthe: That's one way to secure an early run of ASMs. :laugh:

It's more fun buying them one at a time!

Spoken by a man who's sure enough done it. :hail:

Indeed my good man, indeed. Without the hunt, what's the point?

Indeed my good man, indeed. Without the hunt, what's the point?

Yes sirs,

The hunt is half the fun...if not all of the fun. Although I don't see an issue with simply buying the first 10 books...you still need AF15 and some 500 plus more books.

Edited by WiseGuyX

Been spoiling myself this week. First that big batch yesterday, then today arrived an ebay purchase. I took a chance on a small photo that looked like it could be FN, and here it is, my first copy of #33:

asm33raw70.jpg

I'm very happy with that for a raw ebay purchase! If not for that big chip out of the corner I'd be thinking 8.5. Very nice. And now I can find out what's so great about this issue. Everyone round here says it's a top story yes?

Definitive Ditko/Spider-Man. Really look at the art from when Spidey is trapped until he frees himself (sorry for the spoiler ;) ). You really don't even need Stan's dialogue to know what's going on here.

We should see Point Five chiming in soon as he's a big proponent of this story arc--got me hooked into it at least :grin:

Nice pick-up! :applause:

It's a shame about that chip, as that's one of the nicer centered copies I've seen in a while. It may only grade as a FN, but it's got a lot of eye appeal going for it. Congrats.

Been spoiling myself this week. First that big batch yesterday, then today arrived an ebay purchase. I took a chance on a small photo that looked like it could be FN, and here it is, my first copy of #33:

asm33raw70.jpg

I'm very happy with that for a raw ebay purchase! If not for that big chip out of the corner I'd be thinking 8.5. Very nice. And now I can find out what's so great about this issue. Everyone round here says it's a top story yes?

Yes but you need to read 31 and 32 first... :makepoint:

asm33raw70.jpg

Yes but you need to read 31 and 32 first... :makepoint:

That reminds me. I will be selling a VG ASM 31 at the VCC this weekend.