• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Definitive Ditko/Spider-Man. Really look at the art from when Spidey is trapped until he frees himself (sorry for the spoiler ;) ). You really don't even need Stan's dialogue to know what's going on here.

We should see Point Five chiming in soon as he's a big proponent of this story arc--got me hooked into it at least :grin:

:shy:

Definitive Ditko/Spider-Man. Really look at the art from when Spidey is trapped until he frees himself (sorry for the spoiler ;) ). You really don't even need Stan's dialogue to know what's going on here.

We should see Point Five chiming in soon as he's a big proponent of this story arc--got me hooked into it at least :grin:

I read it as a child, one of the best storys in all of comics... and i don't even like spidey. :gossip:

So what's going on with the ASM #1s these days? :shrug:

A few months back $7500 was more than enough to score a 7.0 copy. I started checking around and $9200 seems to be the going price today - one on CLink, one on eBay, and one at Metro all going in that range. Too many disgruntled AF15 buyers going for the next best thing?

It's forcing some of us collectors to part with our horde to raise funds? (subtle sales pitch -> buy my ) :)

Yeah...I still find myself occasionally asking myself if I can stand by my principle of not selling from my collection to buy my AF 15. It's not easy trying to step away from that book. I am just glad I was able to snag the ASM #1. I still get a big smile every time I see that puppy up on the top of my book shelf. :cloud9: Definitely eases the sting of not being able to pursue the other

I hear you! Fortunately I was able to get my AF15 first and I delight in looking at it every day. (BTW - Thanks again, Roy!)

I was definitely surprised to see the sudden spike in prices on ASM #1, though. I've got about a thousand low/mid grade books from my childhood that I'm going to try and sell off. But at the rate prices are climbing, I may have to set my sights on a lower grade. :(

I wonder if it is that more collectors believe that AF #15 is something that they have to have for their collection? I have always collected with the idea that there are many books that I will not own -- but recently I find that my thoughts are drifting towards the idea of some big purchases. :blush:

I think I want to regain my satisfaction with a modest collection. Envy doesn't make me happy.

Envy had nothing to do with me buying my copy of AF15. The idea of owning the first aperence of Spiderman is cool in it's own right but I get a kick out of owning the only aperence of Uncle Ben. Peter is who he is because of his uncle. His uncle instilled good old fashion values that you simply don't see anymore. I can relate to this story. My dad passed away when I was 9yrs old. The only men in my life afterwards was my uncles. They were all for the most part WWII vetrians. So I got a decent understanding of the same old fashion values. So it was just one of those must have books for me.