• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,476 posts in this topic

Thought I'd alert the ASM brethren to another fairly astounding ComicLink situaton shaping up...an ASM #86 in their current focused auction (ending tonight in less than 5 hours)--CGC 9.0 (WP)--is at 600.00. :whatthe:

I know this issue is tough in grade, but I just checked the census and there's 64 copies out of 194 total that are higher than 9.0. Current Overstreet has VF/NM at 100.00, so not too shabby at 6 times Guide. Could it go much higher by auction's end? :whistle:

:popcorn:

$600 for a 9.0?!?!? :o

That's just silly... I'm assuming this must be a pressing candidate that someone hopes to turn into a 9.6. There's no justification to pay that much otherwise.

The 9.4 OWW went for a cool $1667!! :banana:

( :gossip: I have one of those... :headbang: )

It was my book. VERY happy with that result. :cloud9:

CONGRATS! :headbang:

re. your 99 GPA low...it was looking like to me, bear in mind this observation is not scientific or comprehensive, whereby a 9.0 sat juxtaposed to 2 or 3 higher graded copies it was getting no love price-wise...could be an assumption on my part but seemed to notice this on a couple of 9.0s (not yours, but others)... (shrug)

oh yeah...and I don't know what kind of pins-and-needles you were sitting on but that book was still $701 with like 15 seconds left... :whistle:

Edited by trmoore54

CONGRATS! :headbang:

re. your 99 GPA low...it was looking like to me, bear in mind this observation is not scientific or comprehensive, whereby a 9.0 sat juxtaposed to 2 or 3 higher graded copies it was getting no love price-wise...could be an assumption on my part but seemed to notice this on a couple of 9.0s (not yours, but others)... (shrug)

oh yeah...and I don't know what kind of pins-and-needles you were sitting on but that book was still $701 with like 15 seconds left... :whistle:

My 99 was the highest graded copy in the auction at 9.4. Maybe you misread my post as saying it was a 9.0? I agree with you that books with two or three graded copies higher probably suffer.

I was gone for the night, so I only saw the final result. Would have been fun to see it explode in the last seconds. Hope my other books do likewise, as they are all sitting at or below GPA...

Not sure what the 8.5 is going for these days...probably around $2-300 I imagine...

Um, no, not even close. The c-link 9.0 is a freak sale, and is most likely a pressing candidate. Put an 9.0 on ebay, and I guarantee you won't get more than $150-$200 tops.

And the #69 9.8 went for over $10K!! :insane:

That issue has the best Spidey cover art EVER. :cloud9:

Definitely in my top 5 ASM covers, and that's a smokin' copy.

I helped it get there. Glad it's yours. I'm also glad I didn't win. lol

I helped it get there. Glad it's yours. I'm also glad I didn't win. lol

I wonder what a 9.6 would go for....hmm..... :gossip:

I picked up these two this week

as3.jpg

That's a nice copy of #3. Looks more in the 8.0 to 9.0 range with the right corners dragging it down. Mid-grade books with one or two defects that are fairly easy to ignore are a lot better than mid-graders with twenty defects scattered all over the book...they tend to give the appearance of a higher-grade book than copies with defects all over the place that your eyes can't escape.