• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,605 posts in this topic

Count,

I see you only have eight books to go. Wow! :applause:

To me I still have 14 to go. :insane:

I need to upgrade #2 and #4 to at least a 6.0 and all issues after issue 30 must be at least 8.0 with OW+ pages. (even tho now I'm leaning towards 9.0 and better) :whistle:

LMK, if you ever upgrade your 29 or 31.

If I know Nelson, he probably upgraded them already in the seconds it took you to write that post. :gossip:

lol

I'm behaving myself with the wedding coming up and all... :insane:

62 & 67 :cloud9: Definitely two of my favourite Romita covers!

Yeah, got to love that Medusa cover.

Romita drew a nude (but censored) version of Medusa that was printed in one of those art books on him, or perhaps a magazine. Very nice. Perhaps if I get a free moment, I'll scan it over the weekend.

XLNT scoring average Joe! You definitely had a talent for knowing which books were KEEPERS and how to protect them over the years! :headbang:

T

Thanks, Tom. 54 was my last original issue. I've only had the other two 20 years. :D

Paid $11 each for 'em. Quite a bit more than the 54. :tonofbricks:

Ok... you've just reminded me how long it's been since I read my ASM 2 (DEC 07) as I totally forgot about that image as well. Personally? I think the Iron Man is the best looking of the group w/ Thor coming in 2nd. Aside from AF 15, I've never been a big fan of the King's rendition of Spidey.

I had forgotten about this cool ad page from ASM 2, but is another rare early example of Kirby Spider-Man artwork! Pretty cool eh? :headbang:

ASM2ADPAGE.jpg

Tom, are you sure that's Kirby art on Spidey? Looks very Ditko-esque to me. Very similar to his poses on the covers of Spidey #1 and even Spidey #3 (with Doc Ock holding him up.)

Perhaps Kirby penciled it & Ditko inked it. To me, the biggest giveaway is the webs under his arms. Kirby would never have drawn the webs like that - only Ditko...

Man - I love the old 'in-house' ads!!

Ok... you've just reminded me how long it's been since I read my ASM 2 (DEC 07) as I totally forgot about that image as well. Personally? I think the Iron Man is the best looking of the group w/ Thor coming in 2nd. Aside from AF 15, I've never been a big fan of the King's rendition of Spidey.

I've read the story in masterworks but have never seen this page before. My copy is entombed in a slab. :sorry:

The first copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 I ever owned was missing the "what-did-you-think, fans?" ad page that featured a big Spidey waving to the reader. I didn't realize it wasn't there on the first reading, but its absence later forced me to upgrade.

I love the house ads!