• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Well... I have some exciting news to share and this is (to me) THE Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread I like to frequent most.

After my trip to Boston's Comic Con yesterday, I have officially completed my Amazing Spider-Man run 1-328 + AF 15. I still have some annuals to police up, but all in all it's a bit surreal to think about. The last four books actually were some mid grade (5.0-8.0) copies of ASM 219, 223, 236, and 281 and what a fitting way to end it considering the first ASMs I bought for my collection when I started going after this run were ASM 154 and 155 in low-to-mid grade that I bought on eBay (which I've since learned much about doh! ).

Anyhow guys, I have to say that many of the books in my collection came from many of you or at least from leads many of you passed on to me. This is a pretty exciting weekend for my collection so thanks again!

spideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gif

:headbang:

:applause::applause:

Well... I have some exciting news to share and this is (to me) THE Amazing Spider-Man collecting thread I like to frequent most.

After my trip to Boston's Comic Con yesterday, I have officially completed my Amazing Spider-Man run 1-328 + AF 15. I still have some annuals to police up, but all in all it's a bit surreal to think about. The last four books actually were some mid grade (5.0-8.0) copies of ASM 219, 223, 236, and 281 and what a fitting way to end it considering the first ASMs I bought for my collection when I started going after this run were ASM 154 and 155 in low-to-mid grade that I bought on eBay (which I've since learned much about doh! ).

Anyhow guys, I have to say that many of the books in my collection came from many of you or at least from leads many of you passed on to me. This is a pretty exciting weekend for my collection so thanks again!

spideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gifspideyclap.gif

:acclaim:

CONGRATS Forrest! I posted in your other Comics General thread but this is worth a second post! :headbang:

Congrats!!!!!!!! :applause:

I wish i had the resolve that you have...to keep keepin' on!!!!!! Remarkable!!!!!

Wow, the books some of you have are amazing (pardon the very bad pun)!

I've never thought of completing a run of Amazing Spider-Man, but now I'm thinking of just getting certain key issues. I have Amazing Fantasy #15 (it's in rough shape, but it's the holy grail of my collection) and that's about it for early issues.

I just bought Amazing Spider-Man #408 (white cover variant) along with Sensational Spider-Man #1 (white cover variant)....now I'm trying to search for the other two to complete the set...but this thread has me thinking I should hunt for older issues as well (Amazing Spider-Man #1 would be awesome to have).

Thanks guys! I have the day off of work tomorrow, so I might take some time to sort my books and do an inventory of those that need upgrading eventually. I have picked up the GA bug a little bit along with signature/sketch stuff, so that won't be for a little while. Still, completing the run is such a cool thing to think about when I consider that it began back in July of 2006 and took just over 3 years to complete.

Collectiverock87--welcome to the boards (even though it appears you've been lurking for some time!-) :hi: This is such a cool place to meet fellow collectors and get a lot of help in putting your run together--whether buying books for great deals from boardmembers, getting leads on books, or advice on grades and deals.

And when it comes to having a place to show off your stuff (like Tom's GORGEOUS ASM 72--I've told you how I love that underrated Shocker cover, haven't I?-), this is a place fellow geeks will appreciate your stuff--no matter how high or low grade.

I've never thought of completing a run of Amazing Spider-Man, but now I'm thinking of just getting certain key issues. I have Amazing Fantasy #15 (it's in rough shape, but it's the holy grail of my collection) and that's about it for early issues.

I just bought Amazing Spider-Man #408 (white cover variant) along with Sensational Spider-Man #1 (white cover variant)....now I'm trying to search for the other two to complete the set...but this thread has me thinking I should hunt for older issues as well (Amazing Spider-Man #1 would be awesome to have).

Welcome to the Boards! :headbang:

Welcome mate. If you've got an AF 15 you've got a helluva start! :applause:

Welcome to the boards :applause:

New guys welcome. Let's see that AF15.

New guys welcome. Let's see that AF15.

Hey HT...do you like change your avatar daily??!! :insane::o