• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Always tough to follow Cheetah, and that is a gorgeous #8.

This is both my first signature series book and my first PLOD. I thought I would be more bothered by the purple stripe, but I actually really like the book. I'm starting to consider a low-mid grade SS run of ASMs to go alongside my 7.5 and up main run...

ASM02CGCss.jpg

I think the purple SS label is the most attractive of the Labels of Death.

I would have to agree. There was recently a thread on that and that was the general consensus. Something about all that yellow takes the stigma out of the bit of purple.

And it is kind of ironic, as another poster in that thread pointed out, to ding a book for color touch when someone has taken a marker to the front cover to sign it...

New member of my family.

ASM8FC-1.jpg

Holy Schnikes!!!

Now THAT is a MONSTER book! Beautiful!!! (worship)

Love the reds and yellow on this cover! Holy shite is right! Envious pick-up cheetah-man! :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

I would have to agree. There was recently a thread on that and that was the general consensus. Something about all that yellow takes the stigma out of the bit of purple.

And it is kind of ironic, as another poster in that thread pointed out, to ding a book for color touch when someone has taken a marker to the front cover to sign it...

So, I'm thinking . . . we gotta have Stan "the Man" sign along the spines of our books. hm

So, I'm thinking . . . we gotta have Stan "the Man" sign along the spines of our books. hm

Yep, with a black sharpie on copies of ASM #28!

I wish my mailman dropped off stuff like that for me. Real nice copy! :applause:

Damn! Another SICK early spidey! (worship)

I've always rather get 3,4, 5 later spideys instead of spending it all on 1 early issue but seeing these monsters you guys keep posting is making me change my thinking. Since those beauties are making me green with envy, I'm gonna have to switch up my strategy and get one! Hopefully!!! lol

I wish my mailman dropped off stuff like that for me. Real nice copy! :applause:

Damn! Another SICK early spidey! (worship)

I've always rather get 3,4, 5 later spideys instead of spending it all on 1 early issue but seeing these monsters you guys keep posting is making me change my thinking. Since those beauties are making me green with envy, I'm gonna have to switch up my strategy and get one! Hopefully!!! lol

I always had the opposite strategy, in that I would rather buy 1 nice VF range early Spidey instead of a handful of later books. To each his own, and both strategies have merit. I ended up finishing up my run by chasing all the books between 50-85 or so, and those were books that I always had price resistance for because values jumped in the years I was out of collecting and got out of line with what I was used to paying. Now I've gotten re-used to prices and have snagged most of them, but I have several I still need to upgrade.

I have to agree on all your comments!!! Thankyou so much for the feedback. Historically, I found this a difficult book to find in this grade and I lost out on a auction a couple of months ago. When this 9.0 beauty appeared, I said this one is not going to get away from me.

I concur this this 4 panel cover is very creative and appealing to the eyes. I have to admit that #3 is my favorite cover for ASM.

Happy collecting and I hope you find your treasures :).