• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

Did you know about the resto before you submitted them? Didn't you try to sell this as a VF on Craigslist, or was that your Hulk #1 - did you have that graded as well? Very nice books though.

Man Thes are great wonder what I can get for them hmmmmm. Figured I throw the last one in for good measure

If you trying to solicit sales of your books, you need to go to the marketplace and do so. The mods can get a little testy about this sort of thing, particularly from newer members (as its usually seen as not taking the time to follow the community rules).

(thumbs u

Edited by Mac Man

I didn't know about the restore before I slabbed them but everyone was telling me that they might be so I just wanted to make sure and yes I have the Hulk graded as well Restored (Extensive) color touch, piece added, tear sealed, cleaned bottom edge trimmed, and cream to off white

Anybody else bidding on Clink tonight? I lost out on the 9.2 #34, but did manage to pick up these nice upgrades:

Nice grabs. I was bidding on a few as well. My only winner was the 9.0 WP copy of #36. Looks like we just need to see if another boardie got the 9.4 WP copy to make a clean sweep of all three #36s for the CGC boards. ;)

Prices seemed to be a bit aggressive for the other 9.2s that I was bidding on. They went for between 20% and 30% more than GPA, which is a bit surprising for 9.2s...

ASM36.jpg

Anybody else bidding on Clink tonight? I lost out on the 9.2 #34, but did manage to pick up these nice upgrades:

Nice grabs. I was bidding on a few as well. My only winner was the 9.0 WP copy of #36. Looks like we just need to see if another boardie got the 9.4 WP copy to make a clean sweep of all three #36s for the CGC boards. ;)

Prices seemed to be a bit aggressive for the other 9.2s that I was bidding on. They went for between 20% and 30% more than GPA, which is a bit surprising for 9.2s...

Nice pickup! I thought about that 9.0 but decided to reach a bit more for the 9.2. I think the PQ may have had something to do with driving a lot of the bidding on the 9.2s, at least the ones I was looking at. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like there were an awful lot of WP with the average PQ on those Spideys a bit higher than usual. That could have brought out the PQ snobs (like me). I really like to stay in the 7.5-9.2 range with at least OW-W PQ, so I can sometimes get more aggressive with books in my collectibility window.

Nice pickup! I thought about that 9.0 but decided to reach a bit more for the 9.2. I think the PQ may have had something to do with driving a lot of the bidding on the 9.2s, at least the ones I was looking at. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like there were an awful lot of WP with the average PQ on those Spideys a bit higher than usual. That could have brought out the PQ snobs (like me). I really like to stay in the 7.5-9.2 range with at least OW-W PQ, so I can sometimes get more aggressive with books in my collectibility window.

Yeah, it seemed like there were a lot of nice PQ copies this time out. There were certainly more white paged ASMs than I can remember seeing in any recent CLink auction.

Yeah, it seemed like there were a lot of nice PQ copies this time out. There were certainly more white paged ASMs than I can remember seeing in any recent CLink auction.

PQ? Who dat calling my name? :luhv:

PQ? Who dat calling my name? :luhv:

A PQ thread calling for a bump. :grin:

Very nice books, and there were quite a few sweet 9.4 copies in there.

That was the most copies of ASM sold at one time since I've been watching. I saw the 9.4 #36 go for almost double GPA last month, so I made a deal for the eBay copy just before this auction. I figured the one on CLink would get closer to $2000 like the other one.

That was the most copies of ASM sold at one time since I've been watching. I saw the 9.4 #36 go for almost double GPA last month, so I made a deal for the eBay copy just before this auction. I figured the one on CLink would get closer to $2000 like the other one.

Good to hear on the strong prices for ASM 36 9.4s Don! :headbang:

One of my nicest books...white pages and perfect registration! :acclaim:

(my best book from nik still in my set... :cloud9: )

SPIDERMAN36CGC94W-6.jpg

I recently bought a good sized collection, and in it was ASM 2 to 5. The great part of that was I still needed 2 and 3 for my collection. :D So now I am 2 books closer and still 2 books waaaay farther away from a complete run.

The only 2 books I still need are ASM 1 and Amaz Fantasy 15. I just can't convince myself to spend that kind of money for those books. Yes, I am cheap and I don't have a problem with that. ;)

Good to hear on the strong prices for ASM 36 9.4s Don! :headbang:

One of my nicest books...white pages and perfect registration! :acclaim:

(my best book from nik still in my set... :cloud9: )

SPIDERMAN36CGC94W-6.jpg

I could hang out with this dude! (worship)

That is a sweet NM book Tom.

My raw collection seems to all fall in at OWW pages for the most part(95%+), so my new #2 wasn't a surprise for PQ.

I haven't gotten it back yet, but the ASM 2 is on its way from CGC.

asm002cgc90oww.jpg

NICE!!! (worship)

That is definitely a beauty! :applause: