• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,512 posts in this topic

That is a sweet NM book Tom.

My raw collection seems to all fall in at OWW pages for the most part(95%+), so my new #2 wasn't a surprise for PQ.

I haven't gotten it back yet, but the ASM 2 is on its way from CGC.

asm002cgc90oww.jpg

NICE!!! (worship)

That is definitely a beauty! :applause:

yeah, that's a sweet copy....wow!!!! Congrats Don.... (thumbs u

So what did the ASM Annual #1 (9.4) go for????hm

Edited by Blind Owl

Wow!!!! (worship)

That had to be one of the nicest copies to be offered lately though. I think Metro sold the Pacific Coast copy recently CGC 9.6...but this copy almost rivals that one.

I stand corrected...Metro still has it on their website.....asking price is $15,000.00....

Edited by Blind Owl

Great stuff guys. :applause: Depending on how a few things play out...would love to add a few more nice Spideys.

As nice as the ASM #14 you snagged!!! (thumbs u

As nice a copy for the grade as I've ever seen...

Edited by Blind Owl

My raw collection seems to all fall in at OWW pages for the most part(95%+), so my new #2 wasn't a surprise for PQ.

asm002cgc90oww.jpg

NICE!!! (worship)

That is definitely a beauty! :applause:

CONGRATS Don! You deserve it! :applause:

( :gossip: gotta get down on page 400! popular thread eh? :cloud9: )

Great stuff guys. :applause: Depending on how a few things play out...would love to add a few more nice Spideys.

As nice as the ASM #14 you snagged!!! (thumbs u

As nice a copy for the grade as I've ever seen...

Thanks. It's definitely a keeper and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Nice Jason, the Twin Cities books are getting around. The 9.0 #6 just sold on eBay, for a great price.

Yeah, my 61 went for a decent price also. I guess that means Doug has determined it cant be pressed up to a 9.8! :(

Oh well, guess i'll have to keep it lol

Got this one back in the mail from CGC yesterday. I bought it from my LCS about 20 years ago and was very pleased with the grade!

ASM13CGC.jpg

Mysterio is one of my favorite Spidey villains,great book. (worship)

Got this one back in the mail from CGC yesterday. I bought it from my LCS about 20 years ago and was very pleased with the grade!

ASM13CGC.jpg

One of my favorites as well! Very nice! :headbang:

Presently on the hunt for a 9.0...gonna be expensive... :frustrated:

One of my favorites as well! Very nice! :headbang:

Presently on the hunt for a 9.0...gonna be expensive... :frustrated:

Thanks! This book has always been a favorite of mine and I was really hoping for a grade with at least a 7 in front so I wouldn't have to upgrade. I am happy with a 7.5-8.5 for these early Spideys, it would be too expensive for me to work on the set otherwise (sometimes it is still too expensive to work on this set but I can't resist!).

One of my favorite Spidey covers :cloud9:

Although i noticed that Gwen does NOT have good luck when she's on the cover! :eek:

asm61.jpg

Very nice. One of my favorite covers too, and very tough to find centered like this one.

asm002cgc90oww.jpg

Sweet, nice colors.

Although i noticed that Gwen does NOT have good luck when she's on the cover! :eek:

asm61.jpg

Very nice. One of my favorite covers too, and very tough to find centered like this one.

Thank you!

In hand, the colors are REAL nice! I didnt notice it though until i got it in hand but the top has a weird cut to it. Not sure if all 61's have the same thing going on but the top definitely has a noticeable slant in hand.

asm61.jpg

Thank you!

In hand, the colors are REAL nice! I didnt notice it though until i got it in hand but the top has a weird cut to it. Not sure if all 61's have the same thing going on but the top definitely has a noticeable slant in hand.

61 is a weird issue. I've had a few different 9.2-9.4 copies and seen tons (always looking out for this issue in particular), and they've all been flawed one way or another. If not off-center, they're miscut, or the staples aren't aligned, or they're covered in some distributor gunk or they have poor PQ, which is another odd thing about this issue. Yours is about as nice as I've seen, at least in the 9.0-9.4 range.