• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

That is a sweet NM book Tom.

My raw collection seems to all fall in at OWW pages for the most part(95%+), so my new #2 wasn't a surprise for PQ.

I haven't gotten it back yet, but the ASM 2 is on its way from CGC.

asm002cgc90oww.jpg

Sweet, nice colors.

Thank you much, the grade was a pleasant surprise to me.

I hadn't looked at my #61 as to being miscut, I think it's okay. It's a 9.6 I had to try for several months ago.

It looks good. ;)

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=34162

Edited by Peter Loves Gwen

Here's my copy...perfect registration and perfectly-centered staples...old blue label!... :cloud9:

Oh wait...I sold it... doh!:tonofbricks:

SPIDERMAN61CGC94OWW-1.jpg

Thats nice!

It never ceases to amaze me how different copies of the same issue can be! Look at the top of yours compared to mine. You barely have any room above spideys head in the box and the rope on the right side of the cover doesnt have the loop on it on yours. My cut is probably over 1/2 an inch different than yours if not more.

Do you have a scan of that that shows the bottom of that book?

Got this one back in the mail from CGC yesterday. I bought it from my LCS about 20 years ago and was very pleased with the grade!

Mysterio is one of my favorite Spidey villains,great book. (worship)

One of my favorites as well! Very nice! :headbang:

Presently on the hunt for a 9.0...gonna be expensive... :frustrated:

Thanks! This book has always been a favorite of mine and I was really hoping for a grade with at least a 7 in front so I wouldn't have to upgrade. I am happy with a 7.5-8.5 for these early Spideys, it would be too expensive for me to work on the set otherwise (sometimes it is still too expensive to work on this set but I can't resist!).

I agree--13 is one of my favorite Ditko covers, and I still (worship) Piper for hooking me up with a sweet deal on his undercopy way back when.

Anyone follow last night's CLink results?

All I can say is "Wow!" There must have been some huge pressing potential in the Ditkos / early Romitas or the market is making a huge comeback... They went for incredible prices. The 9.2 WP copy of #31 almost hit $1800. That's over 150% of the all-time GPA high.

I took a look at some of the bids early yesterday, shook my head and decided to give CLink a pass this month. It looked like every book I might have been interested in was at 120% of GPA and climbing...

Yeah, i was looking at those and thanking my stars that i collect mainly Avengers when i saw some of those prices! A few of the Avengers went high like some of those early Spideys but most were a good amount below gpa and a few were even close to all-time gpa lows.

My first Heritage auction win--

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121130&lotNo=10026

I'm down to missing just 1, 2, 3, 5, and AF15.

I'm sure I'll find reasonable priced copies of those soon. :D

Yep, AF15 are getting cheaper and cheaper lately! lol

I missed out on a nice 4.0 like 9 months ago because i put in a wimp bid for a book i really wanted. Now, just 9 months later, id be lucky to find a 3.5 for the same price doh!

Yeah, but some of the books went for half of what they should have.

ASM #34 CGC 9.4 for $800?

:o

Yeah, that 9.2 white did like $650 in last month's Clink auction. I lost out on that book and this #34 wasn't even on my radar this month.

Yeah, it is getting a little ridiculous. I don't think I can bring myself to spend the money required to get a decent copy of that book.

Yep, AF15 are getting cheaper and cheaper lately! lol

I missed out on a nice 4.0 like 9 months ago because i put in a wimp bid for a book i really wanted. Now, just 9 months later, id be lucky to find a 3.5 for the same price doh!

Does anyone know if a boardie won the Twin Cities ASM 55 9.6 in May of this year? This is the largest/best scan I have of it from HA...I'm thinking mine is easily a nicer copy...I mean mine's a 9.8 if this one's a 9.6...just wondering if anyone has a larger scan to post or send me...

THX in advance! :headbang:

Tom

H1042-L21819810.jpg

My copy...

SPIDERMAN55CGC96OW-7.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

I've heard a LOT of people bad mouthing the Suscha ped and saying they got

Gift grades. I e never once heard anyone say that about the TC books. Now, i dont know if I'd say the TC books got gift grades but most of the ones I've seen certainly aren't strong grades IMO.

That is a SICK 55 you have there tom (worship)

All I gotta say is BOOM!!! After seriously 17 years I am done with my Amazing Spider-man run!!! It all came about at Wizard World Chicago this past weekend when the guys at Big Truck Entertainment, along with a payment assist by Jamie Graham of Graham Crackers Comics, threw these bad boys my way...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With this purchase knocked out, I got the last 2 books I needed for the full run. I am beyond happy with this deal & have to thank the folks involved again for helping me attain my goal. Now on to the grail..... Amazing Fantasy #15!!!