• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

You can bet that they'll pick up the original numbering again when it suits them. They've always done it in the past, and they'll do it again whenever they want. If Peter is giving up being Spidey for a bit that'll give them one perfect opportunity to resume the numbering when he gets back in the costume, but I am sure they can figure out other ways. Whoever the editor is (haven't read the title in YEARS) probably already has a plan for how to do it, because you know that they know what the end game of this short term money grab is.

I really hate when they (Marvel) "ends a series" only to pick it up again but without any real investment in improving the title. Daredevil, I feel, has suffered mightily from this. I understood why they ended volume 1 and started volume 2. I even supported it and was rewarded with an awesome run. Then, they killed it at issue #119 and went back to Volume 1 renumbering (& including Vol 2) at #500. Then, after 2 years, they killled Volume one for good and started Volume 3. While I haven't read any of volume 3 yet, it doesn't look too good. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever they do, it'll be confusing for the rest of us. I was hoping that one day I would see an ASM #1000. Oh well. :(

I was hoping that one day I would see an ASM #1000. Oh well. :(

Do you really think that Marvel would let that opportunity go by without capitalizing on it? They switched back to original numbering for #500 and kept it for a while, and they'll do it again. I wager well before they hit #1000. Even if comics are all digital by then (shudder) they will still make sure we see #1000.

I was hoping that one day I would see an ASM #1000. Oh well. :(

Do you really think that Marvel would let that opportunity go by without capitalizing on it?

I do. Maybe Spidey is different, but I know I won't see DD #600, let alone any other big number.

I'd wait and see until what would be the #600 issue comes and goes.

I really hate when they (Marvel) "ends a series" only to pick it up again but without any real investment in improving the title. Daredevil, I feel, has suffered mightily from this. I understood why they ended volume 1 and started volume 2. I even supported it and was rewarded with an awesome run. Then, they killed it at issue #119 and went back to Volume 1 renumbering (& including Vol 2) at #500. Then, after 2 years, they killled Volume one for good and started Volume 3. While I haven't read any of volume 3 yet, it doesn't look too good. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever they do, it'll be confusing for the rest of us. I was hoping that one day I would see an ASM #1000. Oh well. :(

Daredevil Volume 3 is a refreshing take on the character. Possibly the most I've enjoyed the character since I've been reading comics (since the early 90's), so you should give it a try.

# wise Marvel and the modern comics industry is just one gimmick/stunt after another so once those large numbers roll around I'm sure they will be renumbered on their popular characters.

I was pretty ticked at the Spidey renumbering but I look at it as a nice jumping off point, especially if the new book sucks, which it looks like it is highly possible it will.

Daredevil Volume 3 is a refreshing take on the character. Possibly the most I've enjoyed the character since I've been reading comics (since the early 90's), so you should give it a try.

I definitely will. I'm a die-hard DD fan, but just a little behind in my reading! That being said, in just thumbing through the pages I can say I'm not a fan of the art. I think I've been spoiled by Miller, Janson, and Maleev. Maybe it'll grow on me. Anyway, don't mean to hijack a Spidey thread. Back to webslinging!

So I just noticed this ASM #10 8.0 that sold on CLink in the past few days... For triple the GPA average ($2,250). Am I missing something, or does someone think it can press to a 9.2 (break even) or better?

ASM #10 CGC 8.0 sells for $2250

It really makes the white paged 7.5 I bought last month look like a great deal...

So I just noticed this ASM #10 8.0 that sold on CLink in the past few days... For triple the GPA average ($2,250). Am I missing something, or does someone think it can press to a 9.2 (break even) or better?

It really makes the white paged 7.5 I bought last month look like a great deal...

Definitely a nice copy, but yeah, I see what you mean about the price.

That looks like a 9.6 copy with a couple of minor defects, maybe a stain somewhere etc. It is beautiful. That makes you think that somehow there was communication between the seller and buyer, for CLink that would be different.

I hope I am not being overly critical of a beautiful looking book, but the interior pages extend so far from the cover's edge that I can only think that it has received a rather aggressive pressing (shrug) and that bottom left front cover is just a hair's breadth from slab damage.

Someone will need to be very delicate with this beauty. :shy: