• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,459 posts in this topic

Just checked this one off the list to complete 1-10 + some major keys.

Now just need to upgrade the 2 and 3 to an 8.0 from 7.0 and 7.5.

That may take years though....

ama1.19926a.jpg

I thought I had the nicest ASM 4 8.0.... this sure does give me a run for my $$$

No kidding, just a beautiful book with great color, a pretty spine, nearly perfect PQ, and a strong cut.

^^

Is the FF Annual appearance a new story or a reprint of an old story? If it is a reprint I'm not sure it would count as one of the early appearances (at least for me).

It's a bit of both:

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/fantastic_four_annual/001-b.html

Great pic! Now, do you have the first 16 or so with the Tales to Astonish #57? hm

I have every comic book Spider Man appeared in up till 1/1980. :baiting:lol

Other than the AF 15, I'm just missing a few random issues. He was in 1 panel of Avengers #3, in a panel of X-Men #27, as Peter Parker in FF #35 for example. Once it gets into the 1980-90's Spidey was everywhere but I have most of them too and I still buy new books regularly. So I'm right about there with ya! :headbang:

Is the FF Annual appearance a new story or a reprint of an old story? If it is a reprint I'm not sure it would count as one of the early appearances (at least for me).

It's a bit of both:

Yeah, not sure I'm running out to pay those prices for a slightly embellished reprint of the story from ASM #1...

Thanks for the info!

ama1.19926a.jpg

I thought I had the nicest ASM 4 8.0.... this sure does give me a run for my $$$

No kidding, just a beautiful book with great color, a pretty spine, nearly perfect PQ, and a strong cut.

^^

Steve, long time no talk. Hope all is well!!

Only Complete Foreign Set of ASM328. It took about half a year to find them all.

I enjoy making these sets as finding high end American Books are really about just clicking the Buy it Now button if you have the money. Been there done that (thumbs u

Top Row: US Direct, US BArcode, Greece, Netherlands, Finland

Bottom Row: Mexican, Spain, Thailand, Brazil, Germany

Todd will sign all in October 2013. All are ZERO CGC'ed except US versions

2013-04-15_21-38-47_788_zps5b44136b.jpg

Edited by solarcadet

Only Complete Foreign Set of ASM328. It took about half a year to find them all.

I enjoy making these sets as finding high end American Books are really about just clicking the Buy it Now button if you have the money. Been there done that (thumbs u

I'm not doubting you, but am just curious on how you know that this is a complete set? Are there published lists of where different international versions of US comics were released? I've seen others talking about complete international sets of issues and have wondered this for a while.

I'm not doubting you, but am just curious on how you know that this is a complete set? Are there published lists of where different international versions of US comics were released? I've seen others talking about complete international sets of issues and have wondered this for a while.

Good Question!!! (thumbs u

Extensive Research and checking the Galleries of every known published country in which i verify in my own databases. I create lists in Excel of each Key Book and all the variations. It is confirmed through collective research with my friends as well we all look and share knowledge of key books. Until it can be proven incorrect, it stands as "Known Variants".....

There are 33 different ASM129s, I have about 30 so Im up there in with 2 other cats in the biggest ASM129 collection in the world. These books are super low prints and by far more scarce than the mass printed American books.

An Australian Batman 227 or 232 will set you back easily $1000 or more....

ama1.19926a.jpg

^^

Steve, long time no talk. Hope all is well!!

They are, thnx - I was away working on a special project, but now it's back to the books!

Fantastic Four Annual 1 is a terrific book (as described), BTW - expensive yes, but well worth it IMHO.

I've been collecting for a little over eight months now. I've got the following asm issues, lowest to highest. Annual 1, annual 2 ,15 regular issues 16,40,41, 98,101,121,122,126,129,135,137,144,162,175,181,194, 649-700...I'm still going strong to add as we'll. I'm thinking my next pick up could be 14,119 or maybe 7

I've been collecting for a little over eight months now. I've got the following asm issues, lowest to highest. Annual 1, annual 2 ,15 regular issues 16,40,41, 98,101,121,122,126,129,135,137,144,162,175,181,194, 649-700...I'm still going strong to add as we'll. I'm thinking my next pick up could be 14,119 or maybe 7

Good luck with the hunt! and Welcome to the Nuthouse! :insane:

Good luck with the hunt! and Welcome to the Nuthouse! :insane:

Thanks, lol nuthouse huh?

Staple location isn't that bothersome to me if they are close to the spine and aligned with each other. I am more concerned with the wrap of the cover.

I'm ok with that, too. But look at the upper staple, it's way more of-center than the lower one. But I'm not complaining, it's still a nice book.