• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

This is a real noob observation that I've just made, I put up for sale an Amazing Spider-man 13 U.K edition and noticed that all the adverts were in dollars! Yes it only took me nearly 50 years to notice, I knew that they only changed the price but it was something I never thought about until now.. My next question is why is there such a difference in their price grade, I can understand a foreign edition but a price sticker? I am certain that there have been some sellers who have tried to cover this blemish (pun) and have sold them as U.S editions, is this the only difference? I don't have a U.S 13 to check.

I missed out on an 11 8.0 from David's marvel 8.0 project and it has haunted me for many years. Finally picked this up raw off the boards last year. By far my favorite spiderman book.

image_zpsmewirycz.jpeg

Nice! One of my all-time favorites as well!! And a tough book in grade!! :headbang:

This just in courtesy of Bob Storms. (Well courtesy after I paid him :insane: ). Always a pleasure dealing with Bob...THX AGAIN Bob!!

Was able to "upgrade" my WXYZ brand 9.0 so that all of my ASM 1-20 is now CGC 9.0!! :cloud9:

Happy Friday!!

img087_zpstxjjwqbe.jpg

FC

img085_zpsuyg82sne.jpg

BC

img086_zpsob80fifw.jpg

This is a real noob observation that I've just made, I put up for sale an Amazing Spider-man 13 U.K edition and noticed that all the adverts were in dollars! Yes it only took me nearly 50 years to notice, I knew that they only changed the price but it was something I never thought about until now.. My next question is why is there such a difference in their price grade, I can understand a foreign edition but a price sticker? I am certain that there have been some sellers who have tried to cover this blemish (pun) and have sold them as U.S editions, is this the only difference? I don't have a U.S 13 to check.

....this is just me..... but if I see a UK edition that only has the pence stamp on the cover of a regular US edition, I would still pay full price. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The only difference between UK editions and US editions is the price on the cover and the absence of a month under the issue number (to account for shipping to Britain), they were printed on the same presses. As to why there's a difference in value, well there's a number of discussions already on the forums.

Here

Here

& Here

Personally I don't mind pence copies but I would only pay 50% of the equivalent cent version because I know they are much harder to move on if I upgrade the book in the future.

....this is just me..... but if I see a UK edition that only has the pence stamp on the cover of a regular US edition, I would still pay full price. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If the ASM #13 is the one I think it is, it hasn't got the T&P stamp it's marked up 9d in the price box instead of the normal 12c US edition.