• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Thanks for your thoughts - there is so much goodness in the early ASM's, it's difficult to gauge some issues.

One such case for me was ASM 5 vs. ASM 7, but it seems ASM 7 is getting more traction than I thought it would.

Single digit ASMs... :cloud9:

Finally! First single digit ASM. Courtesy of Greeg Reece at the Baltimore Comic Con! :banana:

asm9cgc55_zpsajycpjyh.jpg

As I said in the rankings, this has always been a book I've wanted since I started collecting.

Also picked up a really nice 32, but I can't show it here. Tightly graded 8.5.

Finally! First single digit ASM. Courtesy of Greeg Reece at the Baltimore Comic Con! :banana:

asm9cgc55_zpsajycpjyh.jpg

As I said in the rankings, this has always been a book I've wanted since I started collecting.

Also picked up a really nice 32, but I can't show it here. Tightly graded 8.5.

nice ... dig that book ...

Thanks, did that. Not much there. This is a +/- a 3.0 book and it looks like it will take $4,000 to get it. Too rich for my blood I think.

I'd try completed sales on ebay, for starters.

Typically I look up GPA on graded copies, then subtract a premium for it being raw. You're taking more risk when you buy raw books, so it has to be worth your while.

Thanks, did that. Not much there. This is a +/- a 3.0 book and it looks like it will take $4,000 to get it. Too rich for my blood I think.

I'd try completed sales on ebay, for starters.

Typically I look up GPA on graded copies, then subtract a premium for it being raw. You're taking more risk when you buy raw books, so it has to be worth your while.

Are you buying it from an unknown? Or is it a trusted person?

I've bought higher dollar raw books from good dealers with the caveat that I plan on getting it graded and will return (less grading fees) if it comes back restored.

It's a 70 year old gentleman that is local. Didn't know him but spoke with him at length on the phone yesterday. All indications are it is legit. He said he is OO. He actually has two copies of ASM #1. Found about 10 recently completed sales on Ebay. I made an offer this morning for one of them and a ASM #9 as well. He emailed me pics, if I can figure out how to upload them here I will. I am guessing the nicer of the #1s is around a 2.5 and the 9 is slightly lower. Took entalmighty's advice and discounted for being raw. Chrisco, don't think your suggestion will fly but thanks for the idea.

Edited by makeminemarvel

Got the last book today to finish my run of 1 - 300 thanks to a fellow boardie!!

1v9kj9m.jpg

:whee::applause:

Congrats! Quite an accomplishment!

I agree with the others...solid looking #1. Some Marvel Chipping, but the cover image (especially Spidey) is pretty clean. :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

Got the last book today to finish my run of 1 - 300 thanks to a fellow boardie!!

1v9kj9m.jpg

:whee::applause:

Congrats! Quite an accomplishment!

I agree with the others...solid looking #1. Some Marvel Chipping, but the cover image (especially Spidey) is pretty clean. :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

Nice and congrats!

#1- #300; so round, so firm, so fully packed!