• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

16,173 posts in this topic

I haven't posted in this thread in awhile...but I just did something new. I made an ASM album in flickr. I put ALL my ASMs in there, from the beginning to #401. Plus some annuals. If you want to look...here's the link:

If you don't know how flickr works...look at the top right corner of the page and click on the little broken blue square to change the size of the books. I like the smaller, uniform size of the rows. That may or may not be what shows up first when you look. Just click that broken blue square thing to change it. Click any book to blow it up. Don't worry, it won't really "blow up", it'll just get larger... lol This collection was what I was doing from 1972-1993 when I should have been buying cheap Golden Age...! :o There are no "drugstore books" in this collection (see the 1967 thread for my drugstore DCs), but there's a lot of 7-11 books... lol The grades vary until #116 (the first issue I ever bought off the stands) and then all but a few are 9.2 or better. I'm missing #1 and #14, and a couple other really late issues I never bothered to buy for some reason. Other than that, it's all there.

Edited by tricolorbrian

I haven't posted in this thread in awhile...but I just did something new. I made an ASM album in flickr. I put ALL my ASMs in there, from the beginning to #401. Plus some annuals. If you want to look...here's the link:

If you don't know how flickr works...look at the top right corner of the page and click on the little broken blue square to change the size of the books. I like the smaller, uniform size of the rows. That may or may not be what shows up first when you look. Just click that broken blue square thing to change it. Click any book to blow it up. Don't worry, it won't really "blow up", it'll just get larger... lol This collection was what I was doing from 1972-1993 when I should have been buying cheap Golden Age...! :o There are no "drugstore books" in this collection (see the 1967 thread for my drugstore DCs), but there's a lot of 7-11 books... lol The grades vary until #116 (the first issue I ever bought off the stands) and then all but a few are 9.2 or better. I'm missing #1 and #14, and a couple other really late issues I never bothered to buy for some reason. Other than that, it's all there.

Very nice raw collection. (worship)

Very nice raw collection. (worship)

Thank you!

Just Awesome! The colors on your early Romita's are incredible!

I do love colors... :cloud9: did you see the #26 Ditko with the old Stan Lee sig in pen? I don't even know where that came from... lol

I do love colors... :cloud9: did you see the #26 Ditko with the old Stan Lee sig in pen? I don't even know where that came from... lol

I did see it! But thats awesome because it was probably signed a loooong time ago. Another that stood out was your #38. Its bright white and looks like it just came off the press!

I did see it! But thats awesome because it was probably signed a loooong time ago. Another that stood out was your #38. Its bright white and looks like it just came off the press!

You know, when I started collecting the ASM back issues in 1972 I was not a condition freak, I was a low-cost freak ( lol ), but i did get lucky once in awhile...but that #38 does have water damage on the lower rt cov corner...

Edited by tricolorbrian

Brian,I didn't know your collection went so far up!

There's a lot of things you don't know about me...and they will all be revealed in my new tell-all book..."Adventures with Comics, Reptiles, Birds, Photography, Religions, Travel, Writing, and other Various & Sundry topics that will Bore the Average Person."

Look for it from a homeless person near you... :P

:blahblah:

Edited by tricolorbrian

Whoa...43 new views of the ASM album since I posted the link last night... :o

One of those was me. I was just speechless, so I kept quiet.

Really nice collection, congrats (thumbs u

Well, thanks, but it ain't THAT great...is it? Really? That great, huh...whoa... lol

See, that's what's possible when you are older than dirt... :tonofbricks:

Edited by tricolorbrian