• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I loved 31-33, but this may be blasphemy...... I liked 26-27 better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No blasphemy - ASM #'s 26 & 27 was the story that solidified my love for the title. :)

I had only read ASM #24 previously, which was a cool story in which to be introduced to Steve and Stan's wacky super-hero.

Once I read ASM #26, I knew I was on to something completely different than any super-hero comic I'd read before.

I loved 31-33, but this may be blasphemy...... I liked 26-27 better. GOD BLESS...

No blasphemy - ASM #'s 26 & 27 was the story that solidified my love for the title. :)

I had only read ASM #24 previously, which was a cool story in which to be introduced to Steve and Stan's wacky super-hero.

Once I read ASM #26, I knew I was on to something completely different than any super-hero comic I'd read before.

.... memory is hazy now, but I know 58 was the first one I bought off the rack with my own "chore money". While I've always loved the Romita Sr. run, it was the Ditko issues coming out in those 25 cent Marvel Tales that really put the hook in me. I can't remember exactly which Ditko story I first saw..... but I do remember the first one I bought with my own money and it was the MT reprint of ASM 24......and I didn't miss an issue for years. I'd put back new books to afford the double priced MT's if I had to :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

....I loved the early Marvels for their "one and done" stories..... but there probably would have been no Marvel universe as we know it without the continued arcs.

Thanks guys! Definitely excited to add those 2 to the collection. Going back to my childhood, Sandman was always a favorite and those colors on #9 with Electro....just a great combo.

These two are new to my collection this week. Won both from last Sunday's Heritage Auction. Issue 20 is an upgrade, and I didn't have issue 17 previously. Both are part of my early rebuilding efforts after selling off almost everything for a house down payment. Slowly but surely, I will get them all back!

9b2bugt.jpg

gI7CRp6.jpg