• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I noticed that GPA shows a sale of ASM 50 CGC 9.0 for $3395 in December 2014. While 12-month average for 8 books is $1541...without that sale the average would be about $1300...

Anyone know if this sale is legit? Supposedly GPA vets the sale but even if it were the most perfect #50 with white pages that's a helluva premium to pay on speculation or even for private collection with average of 9.2 at $2200 and average of 9.4 at $4200-ish at the time of the sale... (shrug)

It would seem to be bogus. The sale in last week's Comic Link auction of $1700.00 seems to be more in line with what 9.0s are going for these days.

I noticed that GPA shows a sale of ASM 50 CGC 9.0 for $3395 in December 2014. While 12-month average for 8 books is $1541...without that sale the average would be about $1300...

Anyone know if this sale is legit? Supposedly GPA vets the sale but even if it were the most perfect #50 with white pages that's a helluva premium to pay on speculation or even for private collection with average of 9.2 at $2200 and average of 9.4 at $4200-ish at the time of the sale... (shrug)

It would seem to be bogus. The sale in last week's Comic Link auction of $1700.00 seems to be more in line with what 9.0s are going for these days.

I do have a very nice old label 9.0 that I would be compelled to sell for $3300 and change...anyone...anyone?? :insane:

I do have a very nice old label 9.0 that I would be compelled to sell for $3300 and change...anyone...anyone?? :insane:

For that price I'll take 2

I believe this was Joey Dizenhouse's book on the 'bay. He had mistakenly listed the price as 3395 and someone hit the "buy it now", but I'm 99.9% sure the sale never happened. I seem to remember him explaining it here on the boards a few months back. So yeah, not a legit sale.

Slowly but surely filling in issues.

Very happy to add this beautiful book!

Next up on the wish list is ASM 39 in 9.2 if anyone has one :baiting:

Very nice Jeff! Be sure to post the ASM 39 whenever you track one down.

This one just came back from CGC today. I am very happy to finally have a Canadian Edition of this book. Very happy with the grade too, I didn't think it would grade so high. Not bad for $39 shipped on an Ebay auction. :headbang:

hQAbsQA.jpg

This one just came back from CGC today. I am very happy to finally have a Canadian Edition of this book. Very happy with the grade too, I didn't think it would grade so high. Not bad for $39 shipped on an Ebay auction. :headbang:

hQAbsQA.jpg

:applause:

CONGRATS!! Great SA book!!

hQAbsQA.jpg

Nice Find.

One of my All Time Favorite Books and Covers.

Finally added this book. I have 2 raw ones but have never had a CGC copy.

One of the best early Spidey stories IMO

25ini4k.jpg

And one more this week.

2hib240.jpg

Amazing books Jeff! Keep those 9.2's coming! :cloud9: