• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

That one thing that sucks being a spidey fan. With prices going up all the time for books. Sure makes it hard to even get low grade of x books. And curse I still have 281 issues to go to have my full run. And that 281 issues are mostly 1 thru 399 range give or take books I do have in that range already.

My run ( due to finances ) will be to complete issues 100-400 of which I’m over halfway there. I’ll keep adding in pre issue 100 copies as they come up but a full run isn’t likely unfortunately. 
I know my limits so I’m as delighted to pick up an issue 238 as I would be an issue 3 

8 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I have often advocated an Internet sales tax that applies equally in all states. If I'm bidding against someone from Oregon, I'm at a distinct disadvantage. As an Iowan, I have to pay 7% sales tax, while an person from Oregon pays no sales tax. Also, I don't understand why I have to pay sales tax in Iowa if I buy a book from another state. The sale didn't actually occur in Iowa. It occured in the state where the book is located.

The answer is simple: so the government can get more money from you.

As an Iowan you are lucky to  pay only 7%. I don't even live in USA but get charged 10% sales tax for any purchase I make there! Plus international currency gouging fees by credit card companies/banks/Paypal/eBay etc.

2 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

The quest has started once again.  After selling off a good portion of my ASM 1-100 a few years ago to purchase Marvel Comics 1, I am once again putting the run back together, but this time I'm doing 1-200.  I've got about 42 left in the top 100 and about 60 between 101-200 so about 102 books left.  The ones over 100 shouldn't be too much of a concern, although I've never owned a 129 yet (I do have a reprint, but that doesn't count for the run), but there are lots of keys between 1-50.  I am only missing about half of those and I recently picked up my #1, so it's all down hill from now on.  The quest is on!

Let's see what you have so far.

11 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

The quest has started once again.  After selling off a good portion of my ASM 1-100 a few years ago to purchase Marvel Comics 1, I am once again putting the run back together, but this time I'm doing 1-200.  I've got about 42 left in the top 100 and about 60 between 101-200 so about 102 books left.  The ones over 100 shouldn't be too much of a concern, although I've never owned a 129 yet (I do have a reprint, but that doesn't count for the run), but there are lots of keys between 1-50.  I am only missing about half of those and I recently picked up my #1, so it's all down hill from now on.  The quest is on!

What grade criteria?