• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,078 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2023 at 6:45 AM, Straw-Man said:

there's even MORE of rocky ben there; so much more art on the left.

Good eye Billy Boy! That's part of the reason I dig those La Prensa copies!  :banana: Look at Subby on THIS one Park!!! Sub-Marinero!!!  

Los 4 Fantasticos 4 front.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 6/30/2023 at 2:40 PM, KirbyJack said:

I do genuinely appreciate the chance to see the extra Kirby artwork. 

You Sir are always a positive force in all things Kirby related!!! Now if only we could get you to roll your eyeballs over this Ditko fellas artwork, THAT would be a great day! :baiting:lol:idea::wishluck:  :shy:

On 6/30/2023 at 7:30 PM, KirbyJack said:

I am a big admirer of Ditko’s. He is, IMO, the only other artist who could do what The King did. 
I go so far as to use Ditko to define the Pre Hero Marvel books. If he has art in it, it’s PHM. If he doesn’t, it’s not.

I didn't know you had that distinction about the PHM books! I do so enjoy his inking Kirby's pencils!!!

BTW, really nice copy, WVD.
90 has always been a favorite, and it used to be really affordable. There were many, many years when I would have upgraded if I had come across a nicer one. I don’t think the book is common in 9.4 plus, as evidenced by my keeper.

IMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.9efe0b515ff74abd64e0ad8027d28280.jpeg