• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,027 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Here’s the beginning of the end for the Kirby/Lee collaboration. Kirby drew and plotted a first class story, and Lee wrote a completely different one. The most glaring example of this “Failure To Communicate” is the second FF Galactus story in 74-77.

I would be interested in hearing more about both of these "Failure To Communicate" issues.

2 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I would be interested in hearing more about both of these "Failure To Communicate" issues.

You can read all about it at the Jack Kirby Museum site. It’s a series of articles first published in The Jack Kirby Collector. 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:11 AM, KirbyJack said:

BB0A7AE1-B800-40E2-BE80-A18E184990E4.thumb.jpeg.25d4c07a280e6a67b1be14d1008eb45a.jpeg
Not perfect, but considering that I used to pass over high grade comics so I could buy more low grade comics, I’m very happy with my FFs.

What’s worse?  That I use oversized golden age 4 mil Mylar and boards or to use undersized boards?  I know the books look dumb with incorrect storage but all the different sizes are irritating to acquire!  Shame shame Kirby jack!

4 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

You can read all about it at the Jack Kirby Museum site. It’s a series of articles first published in The Jack Kirby Collector. 

Can you send me a link to the articles? I searched for some time and couldn't find them. Thank you!

2 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

A VERY generous seller cut me a massive deal for these 4 books I needed and told me to come back next week for a few more low number issues he didn't have out today. $160 for the group, and I could not be more ecstatic! I bought a lot more too, but those will have to be posted in different threads. (thumbsu20210605_183051_resized_resized.thumb.jpg.09470438b52f117799c1c5d3a3fa73f6.jpg

You appear to have done very well! 

13 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

A VERY generous seller cut me a massive deal for these 4 books I needed and told me to come back next week for a few more low number issues he didn't have out today. $160 for the group, and I could not be more ecstatic! I bought a lot more too, but those will have to be posted in different threads. (thumbsu20210605_183051_resized_resized.thumb.jpg.09470438b52f117799c1c5d3a3fa73f6.jpg

VERY nice deal you got there!!! Congrats  (thumbsu