• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,877 posts in this topic

I think Kirby jack and straw man and a couple others like verner have most all the books 1 100. But Kirby don’t want his graded yet. It’s expensive and time consuming. I got 12 books to send in now all 7 to 9. Is it worth it?  Probably not. I’m going to pick out 5 more for slabs because I like the CGC punishment and I’m going to select two more parchments just to screw with straw man’s awesomeness Lord Finicky. Let’s see what happens!

4 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Question...  is ff52 catching up to or even surpassing ff48?  The prices look very similar lately. I can’t seem to afford a decent 48 but I’m lucky to have a white pages 52 8.0.   52 definitely has the better cover!  Thoughts!

disagree.  strongly.

5 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Question...  is ff52 catching up to or even surpassing ff48?  The prices look very similar lately. I can’t seem to afford a decent 48 but I’m lucky to have a white pages 52 8.0.   52 definitely has the better cover!  Thoughts!

Be patient and a 48 will come along. 

5 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I'm updating my insurance today, so this is a very timely question. I've insured FF 48 9.6 at $40k and FF 52 9.4 at $30k. 48 is much more common, but includes Stan and Jack's greatest creation. When all the movie dust settles, I think the books will be close in value, with 48 having a slight edge.

10 minutes ago, WernerVonDoom said:

I'm updating my insurance today, so this is a very timely question. I've insured FF 48 9.6 at $40k and FF 52 9.4 at $30k. 48 is much more common, but includes Stan and Jack's greatest creation. When all the movie dust settles, I think the books will be close in value, with 48 having a slight edge.

Yes. Good idea. Plus a new panther movie soon I hear. It’s lunacy!  I’m never going to finish 1 to 100. Ohh well. Can get a few more...

700 to get 5 books graded or new book?  I think I’m going to buy a book. You are off the challenge straw man. Maybe later. These prices are getting crazy. I was offered 1300 here for ff52 8.0 wp.  Now the price triple. Strange times...

7 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I think Kirby jack and straw man and a couple others like verner have most all the books 1 100. But Kirby don’t want his graded yet. It’s expensive and time consuming. I got 12 books to send in now all 7 to 9. Is it worth it?  Probably not. I’m going to pick out 5 more for slabs because I like the CGC punishment and I’m going to select two more parchments just to screw with straw man’s awesomeness Lord Finicky. Let’s see what happens!

Me too! Actually, I have FF #1 - #645, but I plan on selling FF #301 - #645 to reduce my collection to a more manageable size and to help fund some other purchases. Only 1 - 10, 12, 48 - 50, and 52 are graded.