• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,095 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, Morganmi said:

Here's mine from the same collection as the 57 posted before.

Fantastic Four #51.jpg

Fantastic Four #55.jpg

I really need to knock these two off my need list. Such great covers!

On 8/27/2021 at 11:03 PM, Morganmi said:

Great book.(thumbsu

Strange Tales #129.jpg

I just won a copy of this earlier this month on ebay super cheap! Just one of those WTH, why not bids

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384298417724?nma=true&si=T1rvt7Ko%2FdfnjgmpfheY0LBGrHg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 8/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, universal soldier said:

I just won a copy of this earlier this month on ebay super cheap! Just one of those WTH, why not bids

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384298417724?nma=true&si=T1rvt7Ko%2FdfnjgmpfheY0LBGrHg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Such a deal!  Summertime is so great for bargain hunting!:applause:

On 8/27/2021 at 10:10 PM, universal soldier said:

Oh dude, you scored big!!! That's hardly LUNCH money right there, for a super cool Strange Tales!!!! Congrats man!!! I love getting a cool book for super cheap!!!  :applause:

On 8/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, pickycollector said:

Minor upgrade for me tonight although it's hard to find the perfect copy for this issue, either not enough of the left side or not enough of the right side. It is one of these comics that I wish was a few centimeters larger.

May have no other choice than to keep both copies though :frustrated:

FF 24 CGC 9.0.jpg

FF 24.jpg

hm 

On 8/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, pickycollector said:

Minor upgrade for me tonight although it's hard to find the perfect copy for this issue, either not enough of the left side or not enough of the right side. It is one of these comics that I wish was a few centimeters larger.

May have no other choice than to keep both copies though :frustrated:

FF 24 CGC 9.0.jpg

FF 24.jpg

I'm looking to upgrade my FF 24 if you want to part with that horrible undercopy.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:26 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I'm looking to upgrade my FF 24 if you want to part with that horrible undercopy.

I am not even sure if the new book will be better than the one I have but full CCA stamp and full square number are important things to me. The spine centering on my old copy is phenomenal though which may make the choice difficult. It always better to read "book" rather than "ook" on the fc.

Edited by pickycollector

On 8/28/2021 at 7:19 AM, pickycollector said:

You should have sold it directly to me :baiting:

I'm sure there's plenty of that going on, BUT I wanted to note that I just bought a Board member's book on a CL auction.  The final hammer price turned out to be very fair, probably somewhat less than desired from a seller's standpoint.  I would much rather have purchased this book directly from the seller so that the entire proceeds went to him/her rather than having a CL rake-off.  Now, there's probably no way to solve the pricing problem - I'm pretty sure this book would not have been offered to me or anyone else on the Boards at the price I ended up paying - but a few PMs before the decision to commit to an auction is made could be something to consider.