• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,027 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I think you're saying you'd rather have the full stamp and number square showing instead of the "b" in book? I don't know I guess I'd probably go the other way with the b in book fully visible and sacrifice a bit of the stamp. I don't even know if a copy exists with everything fully fitting in? But yeah that one definitely presents a conundrum for the stickers like me. Luckily I'm not very into the pre Sinnott issues :)

Both those 24s look just fine.

I used to wonder that about FF 21 and 28, but eventually found both in an ideal state. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, pickycollector said:

I have everything I need in this copy :x

781711213_FF25.thumb.jpg.66b7fd6b2fa556e9baa2d54dbe8d797e.jpg

That's perfect with this book... one day a copy like this might command a 50% premium. GOD BLESS...

On 8/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, jimjum12 said:

I used to wonder that about FF 21 and 28, but eventually found both in an ideal state. GOD BLESS...

Yeah 21 can become sort of like a tug of war between the stamp and the price box. I think 28 might be a little easier. The early FF covers had a lot to say. Very wordy lol

Actually the early issues of maybe every title were the same way

Edited by MGsimba77

On 8/29/2021 at 6:27 PM, PetuniaGrimm said:

With all these 26’s and 28’s, 27 was starting to feel left out. AC606332-B942-484C-9E6B-6FA7E00B794E.thumb.jpeg.18c887d13a6155bebf36f49a0c28378f.jpeg

I love the background color gradation and green Dr. Strange on this cover...

Edited by silverseeker
Minor tweak.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, BB-Gun said:

I recently picked up a new cover for FF 13.  I have 3 remainder copies in this group shot and two complete I picked up at the flea market.  I think the last one was purchased off ebay.

51417501286_5d1328e0b8_b.jpg

I wish there was a flea market near me that you could buy SA FFs at. The last time it was possible to rummage a box of silver age anything in my home town, (about a year ago now,) the guy put such unrealistic prices on them it was laughable. He'd put a sticker saying VFN £45 on something that was barely GD/VG and worth maybe £10 being generous. My mouth waters to hear folk say "picked this up at the flea market..."

On 9/1/2021 at 1:26 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I wish there was a flea market near me that you could buy SA FFs at. The last time it was possible to rummage a box of silver age anything in my home town, (about a year ago now,) the guy put such unrealistic prices on them it was laughable. He'd put a sticker saying VFN £45 on something that was barely GD/VG and worth maybe £10 being generous. My mouth waters to hear folk say "picked this up at the flea market..."

I have picked up a lot of bargains at the flea market but that FF 8 was a little high at the time.  However, we did agree about the condition.

Edited by BB-Gun