• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,874 posts in this topic

Given the way Kirby struggled to remember a villain’s costume from issue to issue, I’m guessing that this revamp was The King’s doing. I imagine he wanted to make The Sandman more formidable, seeing as he’s tackling the FF solo. 
I think I prefer Sandy’s original outfit, tho!

Edited by KirbyJack

Well my lead on the FF12 fell through because the seller is not the most fun to work with. Even if you are super firm on price (which I am fine with, its his book, he can price how he wants) there is always something to be said about being respectful to potential buyers asking questions.  I asked if he had grader notes and he said 'you can just buy them for $15 or whatever....LOL', I also asked if he could come down a bit on price (it was $1500 for a 3.0) since the last GPA was $1100 (I told him I have no problem paying more than GPA, was just hoping for something closer to $1300 since we would be doing Paypal FF and that was a bit closer to GPA) and he said 'I am a leader not a follower.  All my books will sell at these prices'

Okie dokie bud good luck.

So if anyone is looking to move an FF12, FF6, FF52, or FF48 for ~$1500 or so let me know.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:47 PM, Venomous72 said:

Well my lead on the FF12 fell through because the seller is not the most fun to work with. Even if you are super firm on price (which I am fine with, its his book, he can price how he wants) there is always something to be said about being respectful to potential buyers asking questions.  I asked if he had grader notes and he said 'you can just buy them for $15 or whatever....LOL', I also asked if he could come down a bit on price (it was $1500 for a 3.0) since the last GPA was $1100 (I told him I have no problem paying more than GPA, was just hoping for something closer to $1300 since we would be doing Paypal FF and that was a bit closer to GPA) and he said 'I am a leader not a follower.  All my books will sell at these prices'

So if anyone is looking to move an FF12, FF6, FF52, or FF48 for ~$1500 or so let me know.

Sounds like a nightmare you probably would of just ended up with problems if you did buy the book of this guy from the sound of it. Hopefully you do manage to find one of the books you are looking for in your price range 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, Tghutcn said:

Sounds like a nightmare you probably would of just ended up with problems if you did buy the book of this guy from the sound of it. Hopefully you do manage to find one of the books you are looking for in your price range 

Yeah I agree.  And thanks :) And honestly I probs would have talked myself into paying full price if he had responded with 'Hey sorry I don't have the notes, and don't really have much wiggle room on price'.  It is that easy haha 

On 10/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Venomous72 said:

I applaud your decision to walk away.

There are a lot of sellers out there who are puffed up full of pride from a red-hot market, and you can easily tell that most of them are very new at this.  They've come for the gold rush and when the market inevitably softens, they'll regret that they didn't put more effort into building relationships and a reputation.

It's taken all of my patience not to give some of these guys a piece of my mind.  I've decided it's better to keep the door open, so I can pick and choose my spots where the price on a particular book is acceptable to me, but I treat them as absolute last resorts.

T

On 10/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, Venomous72 said:

Sorry to hear about the sale falling through
I must say you have a great attitude about it though.
There's a nice presenting CGC 3.0 on Ebay right now from Australia for $2100 or best offer, that converts to $1529 US. For some reason I can't copy and paste the link.

On 10/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, PetuniaGrimm said:

T

Sorry to hear about the sale falling through
I must say you have a great attitude about it though.
There's a nice presenting CGC 3.0 on Ebay right now from Australia for $2100 or best offer, that converts to $1529 US. For some reason I can't copy and paste the link.

Yep I have been watching that one as well, thanks!

On 10/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, Venomous72 said:

Found a beautiful 4.0 FF 48 for under GPA.  I think I have to go for it.  The wrap is not ideal, but it displays great and has OW pages.  Looks like it might have a little pen mark down by their feet on the right.  He is asking $2200 shipped.  What do you guys think?

ff48.jpg

It’s been graded as unmolested. I think you can buy with confidence.  I need a copy too!