• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,739 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 8:56 AM, KirbyJack said:

A killer cover, and the original art exists. :x

Do you know how much of his OA Kirby eventually got ahold of? I know he was trying hard to get as much of it as he could after he left Marvel. I don't think I've ever read why he was so motivated to? I'd assume financial reasons. 

Edited by MGsimba77

On 10/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Do you know how much of his OA Kirby eventually got ahold of? I know he was trying hard to get as much of it as he could after he left Marvel. I don't think I've ever read why he was so motivated to? I'd assume financial reasons. 

I do not.

After the settlement, Marvel reluctantly gave him back art, but I don't think I've ever heard a number attached to that. I did hear that the quantity and desirability of the pages was below expectations. 

Now that I have 48 and 49 out of the way (assuming when 48 comes today it is all good lol) I am mildly tempted to try to complete a run from 5 - 100.  I think 12 and 52 will be the other big expenses in the run, the Inhuman's stuff isn't too bad.  6 is kind of up there I guess.  Could be a fun goal for the next couple years

On 10/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, Venomous72 said:

Now that I have 48 and 49 out of the way (assuming when 48 comes today it is all good lol) I am mildly tempted to try to complete a run from 5 - 100.  I think 12 and 52 will be the other big expenses in the run, the Inhuman's stuff isn't too bad.  6 is kind of up there I guess.  Could be a fun goal for the next couple years

If you don’t already I’d advise getting 67 and 94 to now because from the sound of it speculators will be putting the prices up on them soon