• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,957 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I know there’s a lot of time left, but I’m a bit surprised at the disparity between the 2 and the 3. 

looks like the FF 1 will hit a million

C9BA858F-C0F0-447E-AE1C-90ABF43CE7E7.png

FF 3 is a lot more scarce in 9.4 ... absolutely not enough to go around. Sometimes the internet makes things seem more common than they really are. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/2/2022 at 11:22 AM, jimjum12 said:

FF 3 is a lot more scarce in 9.4 ... absolutely not enough to go around. Sometimes the internet makes things seem more common than they really are. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I didn’t realize.

I was curious if it was a story content thing: HQ + costumes might resonate more deeply than the skrulls ( along with what I consider an odd cover. They haven’t quite yet decided if they are superheroes. Sue Storm is actually throwing a flower pot at the alien thingies)

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Obviously I have a vested interest here. :p

But the 3 is absolutely scarcer in grade. One 9.8 never sold publicly. One 9.6 OWW sold twice in 2012 and 2014. This is just the third 9.4. None ever sold publicly. Five public sales of 9.2s (out of 11 on the census) from 2012-2015, none with white pages.

So there’s never been a white page #3 above 9.0 offered for sale. And hasn’t been a copy between 9.2-9.6 of any page quality offered publicly since 2015.

I don’t need to market the book. Heritage is doing just fine and that’s why I gave them these books. But the #3 is the one book I most strongly considered holding back because it’s the least likely to appear again.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, lighthouse said:

Obviously I have a vested interest here. :p

But the 3 is absolutely scarcer in grade. One 9.8 never sold publicly. One 9.6 OWW sold twice in 2012 and 2014. This is just the third 9.4. None ever sold publicly. Five public sales of 9.2s (out of 11 on the census) from 2012-2015, none with white pages.

So there’s never been a white page #3 above 9.0 offered for sale. And hasn’t been a copy between 9.2-9.6 of any page quality offered publicly since 2015.

I don’t need to market the book. Heritage is doing just fine and that’s why I gave them these books. But the #3 is the one book I most strongly considered holding back because it’s the least likely to appear again.

Great books. Wish I had em. Actually I’m tempted. I’ve got one of those 9.0 FF 3s, and it’s the only SA in my otherwise GA collection 

I know we love each of our children equally and all that, but how do you compare the relative importance of these two to the marvel universe? 

if that’s an unfair question, tell me after the auction ends