• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hardtellin if this guy's a crook or not...

20 posts in this topic

Reminds me of a dealer at the old Columbus Ohio Comic-COns in the early 70s. He graded everything either VG or NM. Sometimes his "VG"s would actually be VG, but if his books were any nicer they jumped to "NM".

Of course many of the geezers on these boards will remember the old Ken Pierce ads in the CBG from that period; "All books VG-NM".

Of course many of the geezers on these boards will remember the old Ken Pierce ads in the CBG from that period; "All books VG-NM".

I remember 3 grades:

G - F - NM as a 7 year old.

When my LCS added VG and VF for the more expensive books ($10+) when I was 9, that was a revolution.

smile.gif

Look at the back cover of the X men 13 back cover. There is SCS slab damage on the bottom of the back cover. If someone can post the pic enlarged it would be appreciated. I think this guy cracks slabs and resells as raw.

Roy.

Very few of these books look NM. I asked him for scans of the Superman 76 and it looked nice, but not 9.4 or 9.2 nice.

I don't want to sound harsh, but people who bid in auctions like this deserve what they get.

Very few of these books look NM. I asked him for scans of the Superman 76 and it looked nice, but not 9.4 or 9.2 nice.

I don't want to sound harsh, but people who bid in auctions like this deserve what they get.

I saw the scans for that book...it was a Fine range book at best..