• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgm my HULK 1 for a newbie

36 posts in this topic

I would always send books to CGC insured. You never know. Especially with a Hulk 1. Registered and insured becomes cheaper than just insured at about the $800 level (of which I'm sure this Hulk is worth more than). I would send it registered and insured.

I would always send books to CGC insured. You never know. Especially with a Hulk 1. Registered and insured becomes cheaper than just insured at about the $800 level (of which I'm sure this Hulk is worth more than). I would send it registered and insured.

I agree, but I'm always cautious about this type of situation adn figures I pay the insurance just to keep me from worrying and biting my fingernails to the nub. 27_laughing.gif

Register it and insure it for what you think it would come back as slabbed. This book should be worth a few thousand dollars and for the extra money its worth the peace of mind. If this book were lost or damaged $800 would not make a dent in what it is worth.

Register it and insure it for what you think it would come back as slabbed. This book should be worth a few thousand dollars and for the extra money its worth the peace of mind. If this book were lost or damaged $800 would not make a dent in what it is worth.

Maybe you misunderstood me. I said that at about $800 or above, it makes more economical sense to register and insure a package rather than just insure BECAUSE IT COSTS LESS. (I dunno why, but it is). I said given that the Hulk 1 is WORTH WAY more than $800, he should register AND insure it. thumbsup2.gif

Sorry to hear about your gramps. frown.gif

If I was you I'd sell the low grade Avengers 1 raw and use those funds to slab this one and your other better comics. Just MHO~

i was thinking 4.5 - 5.0 until i saw nearly everyone estimating 5.0 - 6.0..........

however, Dr Banner's copy at a 6.0 is much nicer so i'll stick with my original thought. the spine stress lines are too many and too deep IMHO for the 6.0 guesses.

nevertheless, a Hulk #1 in 5.0 is an awesome book to own............ thumbsup2.gif

sorry to hear about your granddad's passing and welcome to the Boards.

let us know the results if you do slab it so someone can do the banana dance.... grin.gif

hi thanks all. it came back as a 5.5. I will listen to offers if anyone is interested to november 5 then its off to comiclink. hulk_1_gcg5.jpg[/]PICSHOME.COM

sweet book cloud9.gif -i was thinking 5.5 with a shot at 6.0 -i think CGC graded this book accurately!The defects look right in line for a 5.5 considering it's strong points weighing against them! That jumbo scan you posted makes it a little hard to grade as the defects are so exagerrated! i have a pretty nice copy that i will have to post someday!

That's a great looking copy, nicely centered, and it doesn't look trimmed to me. Here's my copy (CGC 6.0), which shows almost the exact same relative positioning of the interior pages and the cover as yours - the pages extend beyond the cover at the top, then taper off to be flush with the cover near the bottom...most early SA Marvels are like this.

hulk1.jpg

SHOWOFF! stooges.gif

CGC graded your book pretty strictly! very tight and sharp -could be a 6.5! i guess they hammered the book for that little tape pull(?) at bruce banners belt line!

That's a great looking copy, nicely centered, and it doesn't look trimmed to me. Here's my copy (CGC 6.0), which shows almost the exact same relative positioning of the interior pages and the cover as yours - the pages extend beyond the cover at the top, then taper off to be flush with the cover near the bottom...most early SA Marvels are like this.

hulk1.jpg

SHOWOFF! stooges.gif

CGC graded your book pretty strictly! very tight and sharp -could be a 6.5! i guess they hammered the book for that little tape pull(?) at bruce banners belt line!

I agree...this looks a lot better than a 6.0. Hows the back?