• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Congratulations Aussie! You got a sweet book and you got a good deal if I remember right. That is the copy that Mr. Highgrade hooked you up with a while back, right?

Nope missed out on that one, this was from Quality comics...so i be quite happy with that :banana:

I'd be happy too. He hooked you up with a sweet one :applause:

Thanks one and all.

It'll be a great feeling to finally have the one comic that is a ultimate grail from a series that i've never given up on...even when comics were becoming a bit dull.

So now that i've got that one out of the way.... just another 15 to go!!

Congratulations Aussie! You got a sweet book and you got a good deal if I remember right. That is the copy that Mr. Highgrade hooked you up with a while back, right?

Nope missed out on that one, this was from Quality comics...so i be quite happy with that :banana:

I'd be happy too. He hooked you up with a sweet one :applause:

Thanks mate (thumbs u

Next i'll think about submitting my Amazing Adventures to see how well they stack up against your brilliant, blinding bodacious Beast books!!

(i think just killed the alliteration :busy: with that one)

Hey! Is there room for another silver X-Men collector in the club? I just got my first silver X-book - the Pacific Coast copy of the Origin of the Beast.

X-Men15CGC94WPacificCoast.jpg

:cry: Great, now i have another buyer to compete with in my SA X-Men upgrade hunt. :makepoint:

:kidaround:lol

Sweet book, Steve!! Still looking for my first Pac Coast.

Hey! Is there room for another silver X-Men collector in the club? I just got my first silver X-book - the Pacific Coast copy of the Origin of the Beast.

Make that two Steve, got my first SA X - book as well, not as nice as your's but delighted nonetheless

scan0001-2.jpg

Nice book, Steve! I wish all 9.4s looked that nice.

Thanks, Barton. It is a real nice 9.4 so I am very pleased.

And I probably should have given kudos to the guy who was crazy enough...I mean kind enough to sell it to me. Thank you Dr. Watson :headbang:

Congrats, Matmarvel! That's a nice book. I'm glad I'm not the only new member.

And Thanks for the welcome Casey but you don't have to worry about competition from me. This will probably be my only silver X-book for some time.

No problem. They're a dime a dozen. :P

That's true I guess if by dime, you mean $1900 and by dozen you mean the only Pacific Coast copy, one of 5 copies overall, and with two copies higher.

Oh ho. There is another PC copy.

Congrats on your first SA X-Men purchase, Steve. Thats a beauty :applause:

Thanks, Danny. You know it has always been a mini-grail of mine to get this copy because of the pedigree and because it is the origin of the Beast. The only other silver book that I have really coveted was the Spidey appearance in 35. Some kid in New York has the only 9.8 copy of that one.

No problem. They're a dime a dozen. :P

That's true I guess if by dime, you mean $1900 and by dozen you mean the only Pacific Coast copy, one of 5 copies overall, and with two copies higher.

Oh ho. There is another PC copy.

:o I did not know that. Is it the 9.6 or the 9.8?