• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,043 posts in this topic

Congratulations Aussie! You got a sweet book and you got a good deal if I remember right. That is the copy that Mr. Highgrade hooked you up with a while back, right?

Nope missed out on that one, this was from Quality comics...so i be quite happy with that :banana:

I'd be happy too. He hooked you up with a sweet one :applause:

Thanks mate (thumbs u

Next i'll think about submitting my Amazing Adventures to see how well they stack up against your brilliant, blinding bodacious Beast books!!

(i think just killed the alliteration :busy: with that one)

I just posted my newest Beast book in this thread. I can't wait to see your AA books. I'm hoping to get one of the two 9.8 copies of AA 12 that just popped up.

No problem. They're a dime a dozen. :P

That's true I guess if by dime, you mean $1900 and by dozen you mean the only Pacific Coast copy, one of 5 copies overall, and with two copies higher.

Oh ho. There is another PC copy.

:o I did not know that. Is it the 9.6 or the 9.8?

It is the 9.8 ensconced in Mr. Schmell's collection.

Congrats on your first SA X-Men purchase, Steve. Thats a beauty :applause:

Thanks, Danny. You know it has always been a mini-grail of mine to get this copy because of the pedigree and because it is the origin of the Beast. The only other silver book that I have really coveted was the Spidey appearance in 35. Some kid in New York has the only 9.8 copy of that one.

:shy:

That's true I guess if by dime, you mean $1900 and by dozen you mean the only Pacific Coast copy, one of 5 copies overall, and with two copies higher.

Yep

47885-x-men15.jpg.b811b18da0f380b4d5ef92fae9ad6148.jpg

Yep

Great. I haven't even had my one book for a week and I'm already thinking about upgrading :tonofbricks:

Yep

Great. I haven't even had my one book for a week and I'm already thinking about upgrading :tonofbricks:

Good luck with that :P Doug doesnt sell books from his personal collection and there is only one 9.6.

Hey! Is there room for another silver X-Men collector in the club? I just got my first silver X-book - the Pacific Coast copy of the Origin of the Beast.

X-Men15CGC94WPacificCoast.jpg

Steve, welcome to the Silver Age!

If I could have drummed up the nerve to buy just one more book from Jim, that was the one! I love that issue. And PC!! :cloud9:

Congratulations! :foryou:

Hey! Is there room for another silver X-Men collector in the club? I just got my first silver X-book - the Pacific Coast copy of the Origin of the Beast.

Steve, welcome to the Silver Age!

If I could have drummed up the nerve to buy just one more book from Jim, that was the one! I love that issue. And PC!! :cloud9:

Congratulations! :foryou:

Thanks, CG! I'm glad you didn't buy it. It is the perfect first silver book for me. I have always wanted a Pacific Coast book and it is a nice addition to my Beast collection :insane:

Tell me about it. I was the underbidder on that one. I got involved in a war with the winner and decided to give up. I wanted it bad but someone wanted it more. Given hindsight, I'm glad i lost.

Ya I defintely think that the better bidder here was the under bidder. The book is easliy found again, even though it is a highly popular issue from that era of the run.

And it being a 9.4. Without even looking at the census, I'm guessing the 9.6's for the book have to run into double figures.

Definitely a 'I'll get the next one' for that book.