• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

i got crushed on the x-men #79 9.2...went for $600 :(

I'm right there with you, the price jumped up and fast on that one. :tonofbricks:

79 is extremely tough to get :foryou:

His 76 sold for over $1,200. (worship)

Edited by kc120us

BTW: I consigned my 33 9.6 on comiclink for the next auction. I'm hoping to get a good price :wishluck:

Why are you selling? Buying more Sonic the Hedgehog OA? :baiting::kidaround:

Bills, not all of us have deep pockets :sorry:

BTW: I consigned my 33 9.6 on comiclink for the next auction. I'm hoping to get a good price :wishluck:

Why are you selling? Buying more Sonic the Hedgehog OA? :baiting::kidaround:

Bills, not all of us have deep pockets :sorry:

:sorry: I hear ya. Check the sig.

Tell me about it. meh
Who won it?

Don't know, but I wasn't anywhere near that price. The other two went for more than I was willing to pay as well.

How much did the 296 go for?

I had no clue the 294 would go even close to that mark. I predicted 200-250 and 150-175 for the 296.

I don't think anything suspicious went on... I had been monitoring the auctions the last few days and comparing bids and times placed. 1 guy bid on a bunch of stuff in the 201-300 range at the same time (bid time stamps) on the 14th. 1 of the bids popped up high so I figured out roughly what was his maximum bid was on most the books I wanted a day early.

That being said I picked up about 27 copper books. I picked up some stuff in the 144-200 range that I wasn't expecting to get so cheap, so I threw the money at the rarer ones in the 200 range. It all averaged out in the end.

And it was me who ended up with the 294, and no, I didn't expect it to go that high either. Some one threw up a high bid at the last moment just before me that pushed me up. :( But like I said, it all averaged out for me. I paid less than expected for the books I wanted. :)

Getting 27 books from the same place, from a fellow collector, is a bunch better than hunting and pecking on Ebay. Some of the pricing on Ebay gets out of control, than you have to deal with the shipping price per item.

Tell me about it. meh
Who won it?

Don't know, but I wasn't anywhere near that price. The other two went for more than I was willing to pay as well.

How much did the 296 go for?

I had no clue the 294 would go even close to that mark. I predicted 200-250 and 150-175 for the 296.

I don't think anything suspicious went on... I had been monitoring the auctions the last few days and comparing bids and times placed. 1 guy bid on a bunch of stuff in the 201-300 range at the same time (bid time stamps) on the 14th. 1 of the bids popped up high so I figured out roughly what was his maximum bid was on most the books I wanted a day early.

That being said I picked up about 27 copper books. I picked up some stuff in the 144-200 range that I wasn't expecting to get so cheap, so I threw the money at the rarer ones in the 200 range. It all averaged out in the end.

And it was me who ended up with the 294, and no, I didn't expect it to go that high either. Some one threw up a high bid at the last moment just before me that pushed me up. :( But like I said, it all averaged out for me. I paid less than expected for the books I wanted. :)

Getting 27 books from the same place, from a fellow collector, is a bunch better than hunting and pecking on Ebay. Some of the pricing on Ebay gets out of control, than you have to deal with the shipping price per item.

Congrats on the 294!! Great book and hard to find in that grade. :applause:

Agreed. I've bought several books from Scott Ireland and hoped to buy a few more. Similarly I've bought a few books from people on these boards such as KC, Doc and Danny.

I like pulling a book out of my collection and saying "This was so-and-so's book. It's a 9.2 .... He sold it to me when he found a 9.4 at a convention! ... " It's a small thing, but it's a story. It's a story about the book, about the collecting world and about how my collection came to be.

I like knowing something, however slight, about the history of a book even if it was just the owner who owned it immediately before me.

The other problem with Ebay is the fraud. :mad:

You X-men high grade collectors let the will of the wind rule your collecting habits....you need a collection you can sink your teeth into and feel more than a tug of regret in selling. Just don't make it something I like.

ps. nice books you all picked up there and good luck in your upcoming listing on comiclink Danny.