• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Nope. I didn't purchase anything. Toying with the idea of selling everything. Period. Down to the last poly bag.

Dang. I have a 296 on it's way to CGC that I was gonna pass on to you 'cause I felt bad about the last one.

Hi Everyone! :hi:

I haven't really been active in collecting (mostly busy playing and coaching tennis these days), but I did place bids in Scott Ireland's Comiclink auction. There were too many good books to ignore. However, I was shocked! I bid on 5 books, the #8, 9, 30, 60, and 66 and I didn't win ANY! My bids were not that low either.

Two questions for all of you....

What did you guys win?

Did anyone happen to note if the sale prices were particularly high? They seemed fairly good on most of the books that I bid on. That is, generally at GPA or higher.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Nice to see you back posting (thumbs u

I was the one that snagged the #30 :sorry: It was one that I needed to fill in a hole and as such I bid quite agressively on that. I have now completed from #27-66 and am working on filling in the holes for the earlier issues.

Drew

Hi Everyone! :hi:

I haven't really been active in collecting (mostly busy playing and coaching tennis these days), but I did place bids in Scott Ireland's Comiclink auction. There were too many good books to ignore. However, I was shocked! I bid on 5 books, the #8, 9, 30, 60, and 66 and I didn't win ANY! My bids were not that low either.

Two questions for all of you....

What did you guys win?

Did anyone happen to note if the sale prices were particularly high? They seemed fairly good on most of the books that I bid on. That is, generally at GPA or higher.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

Nice to see you back posting (thumbs u

I was the one that snagged the #30 :sorry: It was one that I needed to fill in a hole and as such I bid quite agressively on that. I have now completed from #27-66 and am working on filling in the holes for the earlier issues.

Drew

:cry:

Congrats on the #30, Drew. A very nice pick-up. Oh well, my bidding style is generally to bid right at "market value" and not more. I should expect to lose a lot of auctions and I do!!

Great news on completing the 27-66 run! I'm now finishing my 1-66 run, but I would really like to improve the grades of a few issues before I really call it complete. Give me ... oh.... about 20 years or so... ;)

Rhonda

Congrats, Drew on completing the 27-66 run. :applause:

Thanks Casey! Took some time but worth it - only need about 10 more books from 1-27 and a couple more reprint books (those will be tough!).

Didn't you pick up the #73 and can now change your sig. line?? :wishluck:

Thanks Casey! Took some time but worth it - only need about 10 more books from 1-27 and a couple more reprint books (those will be tough!).

true but I'm still waiting for it. Scott's a little slow in mailing it out. So I don't want to jinx it.

true but I'm still waiting for it. Scott's a little slow in mailing it out. So I don't want to jinx it.

If it's from his ComicLink auction they had that stuff on hand. I picked up 27 books, I think they shipped last Thurs or Friday.

Edited by BeachBum

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before.

Just in, a very presentable copy of The X-Men 16 from Jan-66 bought off a board thread.

XMEN16.jpg

Getting closer! A solid run from 12 to 63 except for a damaged copy of #22, with only 31 total missing below #315, and many of them are the reprint issues that I'm not willing to spend big money for.

Jack

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before.

Just in, a very presentable copy of The X-Men 16 from Jan-66 bought off a board thread.

XMEN16.jpg

Getting closer! A solid run from 12 to 63 except for a damaged copy of #22, with only 31 total missing below #315, and many of them are the reprint issues that I'm not willing to spend big money for.

Jack

How'd I miss this one? :cry: