• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,689 posts in this topic

Just came in yesterday from The Resurrection! Now, I can finally replace the copy I sold to Karma23 this past winter!

CGC009.jpg

CGC010.jpg

I also added a copy of Avengers #1 to my collection right before I left for vacation...

gfarres6.jpg

scan0001.jpg

While I might not be a huge Avengers fan, these were two keys that I really wanted to get into the collection! :headbang:

Such a classic issue! I love the combo of the purple, red and yellow - plus the blue in Cap's suit.

I never understood the logic behind it, though. What's with the posters of the various Avengers and villains stuck on the brick wall? It makes no sense, and it always struck me as a fairly convenient (e.g. lazy) way of composing a shot with numerous characters. Kirby had done plenty of "group" covers prior to this, so I think he was either rushed for time, or he was trying a less literal, more graphic/pop art design style.

It was one way of fitting all those characters that he wanted to put on the cover in for the landmark issue, with out making the cover seem too busy and overcrowded.

Just came in yesterday from The Resurrection! Now, I can finally replace the copy I sold to Karma23 this past winter!

CGC009.jpg

CGC010.jpg

I also added a copy of Avengers #1 to my collection right before I left for vacation...

gfarres6.jpg

scan0001.jpg

While I might not be a huge Avengers fan, these were two keys that I really wanted to get into the collection! :headbang:

Hey Hey Hey Forrest! Glad you were finally able to replace that #4, AND add a #1 :applause:

We'll make you a full on Avengers fan before ya know it. ^^

Thanks Larry! Only Avengers left on my list is a copy of 57... and that won't be for some time as there is a veritable boatload of books ahead of it on the list. Still, very happy to get copies of these before the movies came out--if they turn out half as good as Iron Man then prices will keep creeping up.

Just got this today.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AVENGERS3.jpg

:o

That's a darned sharp 8.5! The only thing I can see that prevents it from a 9.0 or 9.2 is the bottom right corner. Congratulations!

Can I have it? It would make me very happy. lol

Originally Posted By: jimjum12
Just got this today.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) \(thumbs u

AVENGERS3.jpg

That's a beauty. Nicely centered, white pages, not miscut, no tanning cloud9.gif

Where did you pick this one up from?

It was a Clink regular listing. I'm a night shift worker and it had just been posted one morning when I got off. Some one had already made a counter offer of OSPG guide, but I decided to pull the trigger.It was a tad pricey but that book is dirt cheap in guide.I always thought it should be higher than the # 2...I wish I could've afforded to go for the 9.0 # 3 on the focused auction, but at $1550 and climbing, it's out of my league.This one is not bad...they don't turn up with white pages much.GOD BLESS...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There are some beautiful books showing up in this thread lately! Thanks for showing them. The #17 is one sweet looking book and the #3 is just about my favorite book from the early part of the run, aside from 4 of course.