• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

Absolutely gorgeous #1. What grade would you give it?

Back has a CGC so I would say 6.0 maybe 6.5. If their was no crease maybe 7.5. Then again if their was no crease I probably could not have afforded it.

Back has a CGC so I would say 6.0 maybe 6.5. If their was no crease maybe 7.5. Then again if their was no crease I probably could not have afforded it.

Here's a 7.5 copy for comparison:

Aveng1.jpg

Here's a 7.5 copy for comparison:

Aveng1.jpg

Bob,

Unless I am missing something on the BC Just my opinion and I do not have the book to inspect but this looks better to me than a 7.5.

Appreciate the thought Joe. Back cover is exquisite. Foolkiller has seen the book in person and also thinks it might deserve a higher grade. With that being said, my recent experiences with higher tier books have been decidedly poor, and until I have a sense that things are changing back to the norm on the Express tier, I won't resubmit the book.

Your copy appears to have a crease in the upper left corner of the front cover. Does it and, if so, might that cause a bit of a downgrade?

Appreciate the thought Joe. Back cover is exquisite. Foolkiller has seen the book in person and also thinks it might deserve a higher grade. With that being said, my recent experiences with higher tier books have been decidedly poor, and until I have a sense that things are changing back to the norm on the Express tier, I won't resubmit the book.

Your copy appears to have a crease in the upper left corner of the front cover. Does it and, if so, might that cause a bit of a downgrade?

It does, but it looks much worse in the scan. Even if it comes back a 5.5 I would be happy but many who have looked at this book in-hand say 6.0 with a possible 6.5 if pressed.

Anyone have a slabbed copy of Avengers #4 for sale? CGC 6.0-8.0 range?

Have you posted in the WTB forum? You might get lucky there.

avengers1.jpg

Book has been graded.

CRM/OW is the PQ

6.5 Universal

sweet same grade as my copy (thumbs u

avengers097.jpg

Very nice, even better page quality. I wanted to buy a copy 2 years ago and never did.

Very nice copy!! Keeping it??