• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

I appreciate the kind words guys and the warm welcome!

Andrew thank-you for putting on a :insane: helmut :insane: to get to my level and explain how to directly paste an image to the post! I thank-you! (I do have a Mac (just switched 3 months ago....very happy) so things like a "right click" are now very different with these!)

My collecting interests are definitely that of Marvel/Superhero 1960 to present. My Wife and I now have a 3 month year old boy :cloud9: .....so my unrelenting collecting fever has been cooled quite a bit. It is for a far greater cause, as I am sure many here would agree!!! He is my most "desired collectible" now!

I am a big fan of DD, TOS, X-men, Spidey, Avengers, Groo, Wolvie (I was born in 78 so let me be!) and the sorts. I find myself collecting: "first three appearances" of characters I grow a liking to, first ten books of a title, certain runs for a certain writers sake, small runs for certain stories and some books just for the love of artists' covers. My wonderful OCD also lends itself to me ONLY collecting 9.4 at least ow/w pre 1979 and 9.6 at least ow/w post 1980.

I found by doing this it does keep a salary cap on my collecting....unfortunately with some earlier issues the 9.4s do get a wee bit pricey! I only have two 9.2s pre 1979 in my collection, my DD #1 & #7 both ow/w (I have Doug & Josh to thank for those)......to keep my WONDERFUL wife happy there will be no upgrading on those two books due to what I would have to buy her in return!!!!! :makepoint:

It is nice to finally be a part of this "eclectic" group! I have had many laughs from some of these posts! Thanks guys.

Eric

(I do have a Mac (just switched 3 months ago....very happy) so things like a "right click" are now very different with these!)

Eric

Well, if you've joined the Mac camp, you're definitely OK in my books.

Windows right-click = Mac "Control"-click

Although if you have the newer Mac mouse with the little scroll button in the middle, you can program the right side of the mouse to act like a Windows mouse.

BTW, those are lofty and admirable collecting goals! If you have other HG Avengers, be sure to post them here!

Edited by drewincanada

Well...you have to start somewhere :baiting:

Great books! (thumbs u

Might as well just quit now! You've got beautiful copies of the two biggies.

Then again, you could go after #16 with the new lineup... and how about #25 with that classic Doom cover? And of course, there's #57. And if you're going to get #57, you might as well add #56 with the death of Bucky. A classic. And how about all the Neal Adams issues?

Hmmm... aw heck. Just go for the complete set. You won't regret it.