• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,689 posts in this topic

Well...you have to start somewhere :baiting:

Great books! (thumbs u

Might as well just quit now! You've got beautiful copies of the two biggies.

Then again, you could go after #16 with the new lineup... and how about #25 with that classic Doom cover? And of course, there's #57. And if you're going to get #57, you might as well add #56 with the death of Bucky. A classic. And how about all the Neal Adams issues?

Hmmm... aw heck. Just go for the complete set. You won't regret it.

I just started my Avengers 1-65 run about a month ago. Here are some but not all of the books I managed to pick up so far. I've got 14 issues thus far. Shooting for 9.0/9.2 with OW pages or better only. Not sure I can afford to buy a #1 in 9.0 though. :cry:

Avengers17.jpg

Avengers26.jpg

Avengers48Front.jpg

Avengers50.jpg

Congrats on your Avengers pick-ups! I've always really liked the cover to #17 with the Hulk ghosted in the background.

Thanks. This run is my attempt at getting back into SA. The nice thing about these books is they're rather easy to get and cost-wise 9.0/9.2's are a good value for the money IMO. I can't afford nor desire the 9.6's and such so grabbing these books, already slabbed for under $100 bucks shipped seems like a drop in the bucket and easy satisfaction compared to the sometimes long and fruitless searches for certain Golden Age books that in mid grade cost 5-10 or more times as much. My goal is to not buy any other SA books until my Avengers run is complete. Then I will start another SA run. Hopefully I can stick to the plan.