• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Two steps closer to 135-168! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Picked these up at the Toronto Con on Friday from Blazing Bob. headbang.gif

Upgraded from a VF/NM copy

ST157.jpg

Surprisingly hard to find in grade. This is a CGC 9.2.

ST166.jpg

Still looking for a copy of 136 and an upgrade to 146. If you have either of these issues in NM- or better please let me know.

Also, I have upgraded a few books recently and if any of you ST collectors are interested, I have the following raw books available: 138 VF, 142 VF+, 148 VF, 155 VF/NM, 157 VF/NM, 158 VF+ (pending), 160 VF, 162 VF/NM, 164 VF+. I'll have to put up a sales thread soon.

Mike

Edited by Monkeyman

So....Who is going after the two 9.6's from the Hollywood Hills collection closing on ebay tonight.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif Pushing $400 for the #158 already.

Look on the registry in a week or two, I'm sure it will become obvious.

Looks like someone has been raiding the Strange Tales pantry over at pedigree. A lot

of sales in the Nick Fury run (all 9.4-9.6) in the last week. Anyone know who's working

on early xmas booty?

Looks like someone has been raiding the Strange Tales pantry over at pedigree. A lot

of sales in the Nick Fury run (all 9.4-9.6) in the last week. Anyone know who's working

on early xmas booty?

confused-smiley-013.gif It's not Rich (Korvac Saga), I've checked with him already.

on early xmas booty?

Erik, now thats a little rich, as you did pretty darn well out of the previous mass offerings of ST books pedigree posted up! You got some real gems out of that lot.

I've been lucky enough to cherry-pick out of a couple of excellent collections, building

up my current set.

It's also fun to know fellow ST collectors, so if there are more out there, I hope we'll

find out who it is.

Well all the low $ books went pretty quick, which is a trend from the last 2 years that seems to be holding, to my surprise. I thought the wind might of died from the ST sail of late... guess not.

PLus you seem to cemented yourself in the leader pack of ST collectors on the registry. There's a decent gap to you hit the next guy below you now.

Your not tempted to go for gold on that #114 in 9.6. It's a nice book, but a bit of bank breaker for sure.

The 114 is too much for me. I'm not that fanatical;-)

Was speaking with a big dealer last night, and incidentally mentioned the book, with no particular refernce to anyone/thing, he said that he didn't regard the book as a key. So $8k is definitely a fanatic's nose bleed price all right.

I've got Cap's second SA apearance in 9.4, so that'll do for me, the ST book is strickly for the HG completists.