• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

According to my Masterworks book, post-Ditko art is by:

Pencillers:

Bill Everett (147-152)

Marie Severin (153-159)

Dan Adkins (161-165,167,168)

George Tuska (166)

Inkers:

Bill Everett (147-152)

Marie Severin (153-156)

Herb Trimpe (157-160)

Dan Adkins (161-168)

I wouldn't mind a nice Bill Everett or Dan Adkins page, since the Ditko pages are

so hard. How rare are they?

(and yes, that ST 124 is sweet, congrats!)

According to my Masterworks book, post-Ditko art is by:

Pencillers:

Bill Everett (147-152)

Marie Severin (153-159)

Dan Adkins (161-165,167,168)

George Tuska (166)

Inkers:

Bill Everett (147-152)

Marie Severin (153-156)

Herb Trimpe (157-160)

Dan Adkins (161-168)

I wouldn't mind a nice Bill Everett or Dan Adkins page, since the Ditko pages are

so hard. How rare are they?

(and yes, that ST 124 is sweet, congrats!)

I had a look on heritage the most obvious source of art sales these days, and there is not a single sale of any Strange tales Doctor Strange art. The closest we have is Doctor Strange #170, the complete Dan Adkins story for $8,365.

Given the number of cover's, story's, and pages from other titles that have gone through Heritage over the years, it's quite revealing.

Korvac,

Are you finally going after the 135-168 range? I always thought it looked

a bit bleak up there. That's a great start:-)

Great book Rich !

With you picking up some Nick Fury ST, the battle for the second rank in the registry will be even more entertaining tongue.gif

BTW anyone of you boardee picked up the ST 106 CGC 9.6 Mass. Copy from Mastro Auction ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks guys!!! I'm slowly starting to pick up books from this part of the run. My original focus has always been on a HG #101-134 run and upgrading those books remains a priority. It's funny how those fuggin completionist tendencies creep in though!! The same thing happened on my TTA run. Originally it was going to be #27, 35-69 with no latter books. I went and bought 2 "cool" hulk covers in #75 and #85 and now I'm working on finishing that complete run as well!!

As for that Mastronet auction, I didn't get my bid in on time and lost out sorry.gif

If anyone here won the book and would like to make a tidy profit on it I'm VERY interested. Also, what does "PWN" stand for? "Pretty wicked nice'? "Positively worthy of notice"? "Pollutes western nations"? Just curious insane.gif

Just won this one tonight on Heritage :

ST1309.jpg

Now I only need #128 and #122 in CGC 9.0 to complete my run from #117-134.

Calling all board members... (you know who you are devil.gif)

Nice book Frederic thumbsup2.gif

Actually I picked up my first ST this week....thanks Frederic...it is gorgeous

strange-tales-116-8.jpg

Then I won this off of Ebay and am awaiting its arrival

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150117646645

BTW I thought these things are supposed to be pretty hot books? How does one win a pedigreed book, thats graded for just over half guide? Well I guess I don't want to know the answer, I just hope the deals keep coming smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS When it arrives, I'm gonna crack that sucker open and give it a read....how does the content of ST's stand up to other books of the day?

Jim

Actually I picked up my first ST this week....thanks Frederic...it is gorgeous

strange-tales-116-8.jpg

Then I won this off of Ebay and am awaiting its arrival

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150117646645

BTW I thought these things are supposed to be pretty hot books? How does one win a pedigreed book, thats graded for just over half guide? Well I guess I don't want to know the answer, I just hope the deals keep coming smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS When it arrives, I'm gonna crack that sucker open and give it a read....how does the content of ST's stand up to other books of the day?

Jim

Happy you like the book thumbsup2.gif

Regarding the content of the ST, Human Torch stories are less than stellar (and quite uneven in quality) while the Dr.Strange stories are pretty good.