• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Just acquired yesterday...one of my ST "grail" books...

ST115CGC9.jpgcloud9.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

One day I will own a 115 as nice as this one... beautiful book!

Hey, how did you get that "Earth-Prime" version of Strange Tales 110?

I hope you didnt make a deal with the Dreaded Dormammu!

I designed and printed custom covers for the entire Steve Ditko Dr. Strange run on Strange Tales and attached them to coverless/Fair/Good- copies of the actual books!

Edited by wdb23

Howard....I have to tell you again.....those alternate Strange Tale covers you designed are simply awesome. In some better alternate universe....those were the actual covers printed. Bravo!

Brad

Howard....I have to tell you again.....those alternate Strange Tale covers you designed are simply awesome. In some better alternate universe....those were the actual covers printed. Bravo!

Brad

I'll second that, and also give a shout out to Ditko, whose work on Dr. Strange is underappreciated. Just looking at those alternate covers, Ditko's unparalleled imagination and pop art sensibility really come through.

Wouldn't it be great if Marvel would start an inexpensive line of single issue monthly reprints of early Silver Age series with "new" covers gleaned from the original artwork?

Brad

I'll second that, and also give a shout out to Ditko, whose work on Dr. Strange is underappreciated. Just looking at those alternate covers, Ditko's unparalleled imagination and pop art sensibility really come through.

Wouldn't it be great if Marvel would start an inexpensive line of single issue monthly reprints of early Silver Age series with "new" covers gleaned from the original artwork?

They could take over where the giveaway Spider-Man books left off. Doctor Strange with custom covers delivered with your Sunday paper!

Jack

Finally got my ST #97 today! This is perhaps one of my all-time favorite covers. It just looks so ominous and carries of the weight of dread so well.

page1-1020-full.jpg

Oh yeah, and I got a beater of #31...

page1-1022-full.jpg

Here's my latest entry, Dr. Strange's first cover appearance.

ST-118-94rosland.jpg

Another White page beauty ! Congrats ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW have you people seen the price realised for the ST 107 CGC 8.5 OWW on eBay last night ? $670 ! 893whatthe.gif

Not as high as Burntboy's former book cloud9.gif but a solid price indeed !

I finally completed my ST 135-168 set.

Makes the third complete high grade set with Captain Tripps and Dr. Watson/Filosa.

It was quite a chase and well worth it. On to the next one...

Here they are in all their glory!

StrangeTales.jpg

Love those group shots!! Way to go thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I finally completed my ST 135-168 set.

Makes the third complete high grade set with Captain Tripps and Dr. Watson/Filosa.

It was quite a chase and well worth it. On to the next one...

Here they are in all their glory!

StrangeTales.jpg

Awesome books. smile.gif

So which of you guys got what in last nights bidding frenzy on Pedigree???

hi.gif Got a couple Hollywood Hills books and a couple Massachusetts books in the past week.

So which of you guys got what in last nights bidding frenzy on Pedigree???

hi.gif Got a couple Hollywood Hills books and a couple Massachusetts books in the past week.

Nice sweet pickups thumbsup2.gif

I have a couple of HH books myself, and they are white as white copies. Other books look positively....their age! next to them.