• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

If you don't mind me asking. What do you do for work? Did you invent the Internet or something and get crazy royalties every time someone logs on? :headbang: Can you buy me some sweet comics? I would like you even more then. :cloud9:

I've wondered this for some time

long, color-breaking crease. and are those staples a bit rusty?

Definitely rusty staples. I really would like to see CGC mention rusty staples on the label, like tape.

It's not always visible on a scan and so easy to miss.

Staples are dull but clean without any pitting; however, I didn't notice the crease until I scanned the book for my records. :boo:

The colours are great on this book and the whites looked newsstand fresh but to go from being so pleased with a purchase to "What was I thinking?" in about 5 seconds was one of those great eye-openers that contribute one's education as a comic book collector. :makepoint:

These days I try hard not to miss a trick no matter how good a book looks. I never neglect to count pages, tilt the book for dimples and -- though you can look foolish doing it -- I smell the book to check for mildew. :sumo:

The first appearance of the Asbestos man is worth mentioning on the label, but not the first appearance of Baron Mordo? Maybe after the Doctor Strange movie is released it will be (considered) worth mentioning?

agreed; i expect a pretty good bump for this book as the movie nears. not that i bought it for a flip, but still...

The first appearance of the Asbestos man is worth mentioning on the label, but not the first appearance of Baron Mordo? Maybe after the Doctor Strange movie is released it will be (considered) worth mentioning?

agreed; i expect a pretty good bump for this book as the movie nears. not that i bought it for a flip, but still...

I don't guess you have an undercopy you're looking to move, do you?