• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Crime Suspenstories #15!

18 posts in this topic

Thanks for the help with CSS #17...now here's a tougher one. Front cover looks gorgeous, but the left edge on the back has chipping and tears. I assume they're from a bad cut at production, but...yeesh. What do you guys think about a grade on this one? confused-smiley-013.gif

css15.jpg

css15back.jpg

Thanks for the help so far. thumbsup2.gif

I don't disagree with the grades, but just curious: is it safe to assume there's no "Marvel chipping allowance" for this book? It feels like I've seen CGC give high grades to books with heavy Marvel chipping, which I personally think is odd...I would lean towards counting it like any other damage, as you folks (reasonably) seem to be doing here. Just trying to understand the logic.

I don't know if that's Marvel chipping, I was assuming they were tears of some sort. I'm not that familiar with ECs to know if they had the same problem as Marvels. Can you tell if they are manufacturing defects, i.e. are there pre-chips that have not come loose? If its a printing defect I might grade it 1 to 1.5 grades higher.

I don't know if that's Marvel chipping, I was assuming they were tears of some sort. I'm not that familiar with ECs to know if they had the same problem as Marvels. Can you tell if they are manufacturing defects, i.e. are there pre-chips that have not come loose? If its a printing defect I might grade it 1 to 1.5 grades higher.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the defects are from a bad cut at manufacturing. The tears are that very specific kind of pre-Marvel-chipping tears...looks just like the right front cover edge of many an Amazing Spiderman #33 (for instance). For what it's worth...

Have to say 6.5 due to BC chipping...rest of book looks to be in VFish territory....

Hey MC, I haven't seen you around in a while. Maybe I've just been in the wrong forum lately. I hope all is well with you.

Anyway, in general I think everyone was a bit tough on this book. I agree with MC, and a strong 6.5 at that. headbang.gif