• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,132 posts in this topic

Yep. Bru's run was good. What comes after isn't all that. The 4 issue Redemption mini that goes between the old series and the new one is awful, I'd just skip ahead to the Waid stuff, which is fantastic!

I love that this thread exists! I have a complete FM run the grades probably varry though I need to scrub through and see whats worth sending to CGC. I also just posted this baby in the #1 club but watned to show it again

DD1front_zps2a2af427.jpg

:banana:

Yeah, just going to read Brubaker's run and skip the rest. I can't even look at the art of the later issues before Waid's stuff. :sick:

I can't remember a series that went from GREAT to godawful so fast. After Brubaker I found that series unreadable. I didn't even finish the first arc before I dropped it.

Veering on topic, here's another recent purchase

WOW! That's a beaut! :applause:

I really look forward to one day start picking up the older issues! :cloud9:

Thanks!

:applause:

It's just about as nice as a 9.4 from 1967 is going to be. It's a sweet copy.

It's funny, while they're cheaper, the books from the mid-to-late1970s are much harder to pick up. There are less of them graded and the production is much worse so looking for nice copies can be an arduous experience. I've had to bite the bullet on more than one book with a squared miswrap just to fill a longstanding hole. As evidence, the longest unbroken run I have is 34-53. After that my biggest unbroken run is 123-129.

Just picked this up for my daughter on the way September 4th! :cloud9:

il_570xN.284307827.jpg

You're a good Dad! That's awesome!!!

&

Rob another nice addition to your sweet run.

Those are some tough slots to fill indeed. Can't wait to see a group shot when you are all done! 3rd time a charm?

3rd time is a charm, for certain.

The later books are a drag. It's interesting because I'm working on the 1-157 set. As soon as I finish it, I'm doing the Miller stuff which will be like night and day in terms of availability. Books that are months apart are going to be 50x easier to get. A great example is 156. The last one went for $310 in 9.8, I think and nothing is in GPA post-2011 over 9.6. Compare that to the $5-600 or whatever you'd spend for a 9.8 158- an actual key book you can find any day of the week (I just wish I'd won the Western Penn copy in 2010 :sorry: )

Of course... that's what makes it fun.

Well I'm glad to hear its this go round for you that will clinch it.

What makes us scratch our heads or raise our BP in this hobby at times is oddly enough what at times makes it fun and keep us on our toes.

Best of luck closing the gaps!!

My latest, off of eBay, having survived one of the poorest packing jobs I've seen yet. It was sent in a flimsy cardboard mailer, with one thin sheet of bubble wrap that didn't quite cover the slab and left the corners unprotected, and then to top it off was shipped media mail for $4.95. Amazingly, it arrived unscathed. I thanked the seller with a neutral feedback and some choice words about how to properly ship higher end books.

DD07CGC.jpg

That's a beauty!!! :applause:

Funny, my DD #18 that I just got in the mail today came in a flimsy cardboard mailer!! :makepoint: NO bubble wrap though> I don't know HOW it made it here in one piece, but luckily it did. :D

Great looking Daredevil #7!

That's a beauty!!! :applause:

Funny, my DD #18 that I just got in the mail today came in a flimsy cardboard mailer!! :makepoint: NO bubble wrap though> I don't know HOW it made it here in one piece, but luckily it did. :D

Great looking Daredevil #7!

Was it an 8.5 off eBay that you left feedback for today? If so it looks like we had the same seller!